• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flashlights

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flashlights

Looking for a good 1000+ lumens LED flashlight, have seen one I really like Coast HP21 but need to check if I can find a dealer in the US that would ship to the UK. Anyone on here own flashlight of a similar type etc? Don't want any cheap Chinese junk so looking at between £100 - £200.

Here in the UK we call it a torch.

It's hard to believe anyone would pay more than a £100 for a torch.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Here in the UK we call it a torch.

It's hard to believe anyone would pay more than a £100 for a torch.
      I get paid too much...

Comment

Why not go for something a bit more upmarket

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LED-Lenser-X...im_sbs_light_2
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Fenix, LED Lenser, Surefire, Zebralights I have found very reliable but I also have Wolf, Maglite, Petzl and Pelis which are lower-end utilitarian lights. I haven't heard of that Coast brand.
          Pop over to Candle power forum for reviews, advice and discussion, and someone could point you in the direction of UK distributors. The guys on CPF take their flashlights seriously as you can see from the super collection photographs.

2010 Flashlight Collection Photo Thread

There is a London meetup some years for UK users.

Comment

Get a maglite. Best torch you can buy and far less than £100.

Comment

Cyclops Thor X Colossus - 18 Million Candle Power Torch

What about one of these?

Midwayuk - Cyclops Thor X Colossus Spotlight 18 Million Candle Power Halogen Bulb Rechargeable Polymer Green

The power is mind blowing.
              It's like having a car headlight with high and dipped beam.
              It's a little on the large side, but can be carried comfortably with the shoulder strap.

I bought a brand new one for £23.98 from Costco in Avonmouth (Near Bristol). The price asked by this UK company, in the link, is a rip-off.

Costco seem to stock them about every six months.

Perfect for the long dark nights here in deepest darkest South Wiltshire!
              “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                That's a great light but well over my £200 limit.
                I live in a village with no street lights and it is pitch black and our house is set well back from the road so I want a flashlight that pretty much floodlights my back and front garden and the street etc. It's fields to our back and right of the house with the closest neighbor to our left is 200 meters away so hence the need for a good light.

Comment

Originally posted by Aman View Post
                  Fenix, LED Lenser, Surefire, Zebralights I have found very reliable but I also have Wolf, Maglite, Petzl and Pelis which are lower-end utilitarian lights. I haven't heard of that Coast brand.
                  Pop over to Candle power forum for reviews, advice and discussion, and someone could point you in the direction of UK distributors. The guys on CPF take their flashlights seriously as you can see from the super collection photographs.

2010 Flashlight Collection Photo Thread

There is a London meetup some years for UK users.
                  Thanks Aman, that's the kind of info I'm looking for, I will have a read through candlepowerforums and see what they have to say etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Aman View Post
                    Fenix, LED Lenser, Surefire, Zebralights I have found very reliable but I also have Wolf, Maglite, Petzl and Pelis which are lower-end utilitarian lights..

If they're so reliable how come you've owned so many?

Comment

Working...
                    X