• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Typical!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Typical!

Currently in discussion with an old client to go back and run a large piece of work, direct, and for same money as getting with current client (minus my expenses i.e. hotel and trains that my LtdCo pay). Contract negotiation tomorrow, but no issues appear to be there...

Just had phone call from current boss, were am contracted till March "I want you to lead this, i need you in Kuala Lumpar in middle of Jan for 5 days, but make sure you add the weekend on for sightseeing, the budget will cover it..."

Going back to old client is a life style change (less away travel, pleases the Mrs) but am loving this place and on for a big extension with rate rise likely, plus more travel in to Europe which was the pulling factor for the contract in the first place.

Help!! These things always happen at the same time to me

What to do??
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Talk to your missus, rapid.

It reads like your Mrs wants you travelling less but you want more.

Honest and open is the only way.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

Yes but don't use the terms 'pulling factor' when describing the contract you want.
      Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

Married for 7yrs... I'll let you work it out!!

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
          Married for 7yrs... I'll let you work it out!!
          Seven year itch?????
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            Seven year itch?????
            STI...

Comment

Tell current client that you have another offer at the moment - see if the "likely" rise will actually appear, if they want you that much.

You could take the Mrs with you to KL to appease her.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                Tell current client that you have another offer at the moment - see if the "likely" rise will actually appear, if they want you that much.

You could take the Mrs with you to KL to appease her.
                WFS take her up the Kuala Lumpar as its only for 5 days with the promise of more holidays for her next year, tell currentl client you have another offer to force pay rise, its a win win situation.

Comment

OK, scratch that and ignore my first post about the old client coming back with a good offer... They came back with a 8mth fixed priced contract with payment milestones. the big problem, its for 35% less than the guidance i gave them... £100pd less. actually, monthly it works out £5k less than current gig. they are also trying to tie payment to deliverables which i have no control over.

Looks like I'm off to KL!

Comment

Working...
                  X