• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

(bangs head against wall)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(bangs head against wall)

Just asked a supplier for Release Notes on a product they are releasing into our Test, Staging and Prod Environments, am asked why I need them? How else can I say it that doesn't state the blindingly obvious, because it's needed!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Just asked a supplier for Release Notes on a product they are releasing into our Test, Staging and Prod Environments, am asked why I need them? How else can I say it that doesn't state the blindingly obvious, because it's needed!
    Because you're a Junior and no-one cares who you are.

hth

MF
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

It's a tactic; ask a question so unfathomably stupid that nobody would expect to be asked.

Just patiently explain.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

so you can verify any changes in the latest release will not affect your environment. Otherwise they will take responsibility for fixing it?

Should have release notes by this afternoon.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Ask them why they want to keep them secret. Copy in the CIO.

Comment

Sounds like a great way to shift all the blame onto them.

When something / anything goes wrong from here, the first port of call is always going to be "it must have been something that you changed in one of your releases". Then watch them scramble to have to prove that it wasn't them.

This works even better when you know that it wasn't them, but enjoy watching them squirm. Have a fix ready, and then just as they are almost about to point out it's nothing to do with the release, ride in on a white steed and save the day.

Kerching.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

doing the above makes you a grade A1 idiot.
              Last edited by cojak; 14 December 2011, 12:25. Reason: No use of the 'c' word please.

Comment

And we get to the bottom of the obstructiveness, the Release Notes don't exist, but I am told to rest assured they will be ready for the next release. How do I tell them if they don't know what is in this release how can the tell what's changed in the next?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Documentation is for wimps.

Is this clientco part of our world-class financial services industry?

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                    Documentation is for wimps.
                    Famous last words, does this mantra also go to cover contracts, time sheets and invoices? Or do you accept a gentleman's agreement over a handshake and a cigar

Comment

Working...
                    X