• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

10% rate cuts in Investment Banks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10% rate cuts in Investment Banks

This will leave my rate particularly low (which previously, I already thought was fairly low for a City contractor job). Considering the number of rate cuts in the past few years, are some people ending up with rates that just aren't that interesting any longer?

90% of your rate is much better than 0.

Comment

I am on a rate that is 12% less than a rate I was getting in 2004-05, it sucks. What am I doing wrong ?

It was a high rate back in those good old days.

Comment

It's tough out there. The banking sector is no longer a golden goose, the rates are normalising. The problem is the banks aren't as profitable as they were. Just keep looking and jump ship if you find something better. Worth getting skills that are more in demand.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

I'm earning 20% less than I was four years ago. I've had one ten percent cut here, if I get another I am definitely jumping ship as I can do just as well in other industries and do far less hours.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

There's not been a 10% cut in the number of threads about getting a 10% cut, though
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

On the plus side rates outside of the city seem to have bottomed out and seem to be holding steady or edging upwards.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Tell them you are also changing the terms of the contract midway through and a working day now consist of 4 hours. Whats good for the goose...

Comment

I am earning infinitely more now than few years ago.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    90% of your rate is much better than 0.
                    AtW you run a proper business, you should realise it's about profit not revenue.

Originally posted by russell View Post
                    Tell them you are also changing the terms of the contract midway through and a working day now consist of 4 hours. Whats good for the goose...
                    As long as you also tell them they have the option to terminate the contract if they don't agree, then there's nothing wrong with doing exactly this. But they rely on needing you less than you need them.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X