• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bob situation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob situation

What percentage of Bobs work in your organisation? Perhaps withn the answer separated in to two parts, ICT'ed (plus recent immigrants or long visas) and outsourced if known.

And is this percentage growing/static/decreasing in the current economic setting and since Cameron arrived and stopped counting Bobs and reduced the minimum Bob wage?

Zero. But some parts of clientco seem to be Bob-only i.e 100%. I only have guesswork about what their working arrangements are - from the approximate English, odd (by our standards) dress code I am guessing many haven't been in the UK long which might suggest ICT. Thing is, I'm not really in a position to ask because it's nowt to do with me - I'm just another bit of unwelcome hired help.

Anecdotally I wouldn't say it's any different since the new government took over, with their promise to get a grip on immigration (ho ho)

Comment

the client i am at has just advertised internally (global company)for a mobile desktop engineer, they had 10 applicants.

8 from outside the UK

and the other 2, one lived 200 miles away and only 1 had a driving license

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
        driving license
        Licence

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
          the client i am at has just advertised internally (global company)for a mobile desktop engineer, they had 10 applicants.

8 from outside the UK

and the other 2, one lived 200 miles away and only 1 had a driving license
          Not a problem
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
          X