• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Orange increasing prices for existing contract customers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orange increasing prices for existing contract customers

'Please note that from 8 January 2012, because of inflationary pressure and to reflect the government’s Retail Price Index announcement, the monthly payments on your current plan will increase by 4.34%'

What the hell is this about? Is a contract not a contract?

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    'Please note that from 8 January 2012, because of inflationary pressure and to reflect the government’s Retail Price Index announcement, the monthly payments on your current plan will increase by 4.34%'

You can reject the change, and have the contract terminated if you wish. I would consider this as an option for early upgrade

Comment

I had that too. Will look into terminating ...
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

That's garbage, I would definitely terminate it and go elsewhere
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by rd409 View Post
          You can reject the change, and have the contract terminated if you wish. I would consider this as an option for early upgrade
          Unfortuatly not, there is a note in their T&C's to say they can make changes to price plans without breaking the T&C's if inflationary adjustments need to be made.
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Looked into it. It was in the small print. You can terminate but have to pay the line rental for the remainder of the contract.
            Obviously thsi is more expensive than paying for the rise.

After this cntract ends I will move on. I suggest you avoid Orange like the plague - I've never had this blatant profiteering happen with any other company.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

I assume as Orange and T-Mobile are the same company now the latter will be following suit too at some point
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                I assume as Orange and T-Mobile are the same company now the latter will be following suit too at some point
                Why the fook was that allowed to happen?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

I would try telling them where to put it, and tell them you will complain to oftel. There is a good chance that the relevant part of the contract could be deemed unfair if it doesn't give you the right to reject the price increase and terminate the contract instead.

Originally posted by The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999
                  INDICATIVE AND NON-EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF TERMS WHICH MAY BE REGARDED AS UNFAIR
                  (l)providing for the price of goods to be determined at the time of delivery or allowing a
                  seller of goods or supplier of services to increase their price without in both cases giving
                  the consumer the corresponding right to cancel the contract if the final price is too high
                  in relation to the price agreed when the contract was concluded;
                  http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1...9992083_en.pdf

You have the EU to thank for that particular piece of evil red tape. Bastards making it harder for hard working phone companies to screw money out of their existing customers. Don't they know this is DESTROYING BRITISH JOBS!!!!!!
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Sounds about par for the course to me. Never touched any mobile company with a barge pole myself, apart from £5 - £10 Virgin PAYG a few years ago and similar small amount on Skype. The small print and obfuscation of deals puts me off every time.

Comment

Working...
                    X