• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Euro hits new low as Italian bond rates spike past 7%

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euro hits new low as Italian bond rates spike past 7%

Stock markets slump as euro hits 11-month low against the dollar | Business | The Guardian

At the start of next year Italy will have to issue a massive new tranch of bonds if it is to sustain liquidity.
    I very much fear 2012 will be all doom
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I very much fear 2012 will be all doom
    Only 2012?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      Only 2012?
      I meant the start of the big doom. It's been like the phoney war right now with 2011 like 1939 - nothing much happened. Next year it will kick off in earnest.
      With all the news on Italy, people have been forgetting Greece. It's slowly and surely getting terminal there.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Boomed!!!

Comment

I meant the start of the big doom. It's been like the phoney war right now with 2011 like 1939 - nothing much happened. Next year it will kick off in earnest.
          With all the news on Italy, people have been forgetting Greece. It's slowly and surely getting terminal there.
          After a bit of doom those countries might be back in business in a few years and booming again though, while the UK has generational debts and a massive (and rapidly rising) population?

Comment

I actually have to change quite a lot of pounds to euros soon so this is all good for me. Especially as it will swing back the other way in a few years when I may want to repatriate a gazillion euros to buy a London townhouse at a knock down price.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              I actually have to change quite a lot of pounds to euros soon so this is all good for me. Especially as it will swing back the other way in a few years when I may want to repatriate a gazillion euros to buy a London townhouse at a knock down price.
              <AtW>

Dirty spekulant!

</AtW>
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                After a bit of doom those countries might be back in business in a few years and booming again though, while the UK has generational debts and a massive (and rapidly rising) population?
                They could default I suppose and exit the Euro - that would work.
                As for UK pop that's a good thing. Germany faces a massive decline in (and ageing) pop.
                The UK's economy will likely be bigger than germany's by 2040-2050
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  Especially as it will swing back the other way in a few years when I may want to repatriate a gazillion euros to buy a London townhouse at a knock down price.
                  That's not going to happen for several reasons.
                  HTH
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

That's not going to happen for several reasons.
                    HTH
                    You think the UK will have joined the euro by then?
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X