• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hit the ground standing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hit the ground standing

Started new contract this week, functional spec not done yet and won't be till after xmas, so nowt to do. Nightmare commute also. Wish I wasn't so good at interviews now.

Originally posted by russell View Post
    Started new contract this week, functional spec not done yet and won't be till after xmas, so nowt to do. Nightmare commute also. Wish I wasn't so good at interviews now.
    Well, at least you'll have time to read up
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Are they still paying you ? You are probably caught by IR35
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
        Are they still paying you ? You are probably caught by IR35
        I meant to be looking over the current code base, I find reading code utterly dull. I prefer to have a piece of work to do. Anyway it's times like these that CUK was made for!

Comment

I meant to be looking over the current code base, I find reading code utterly dull. I prefer to have a piece of work to do. Anyway it's times like these that CUK was made for!
          I always find ways to break it. Considering the quality of most code I see its incredibly easy and passes the time.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Didn't you say in a previous discussion that you were a 'highly paid technical architect'.

So, you're really a bob-substitute code monkey

Comment

Didn't you say in a previous discussion that you were a 'highly paid technical architect'.

So, you're really a bob-substitute code monkey
              No, must have been Sas. Funny there are no bobs here, wonder why?

Comment

No, must have been Sas. Funny there are no bobs here, wonder why?
                Who says there are no Bobs on here ?

Anyway, they're probably all busy working, or boosting the profits of tupperware with their little lunch boxes

Comment

Who says there are no Bobs on here ?

Anyway, they're probably all busy working, or boosting the profits of tupperware with their little lunch boxes
                  I meant here at client co.

Comment

I meant here at client co.
                    Because they can probably pull in coding skills locally, but cheaper than Bob

Comment

Working...
                    X