• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas Break - What's your plan?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Break - What's your plan?

Happy Christmas one and all.

Well it's my last day in the office for two weeks due to a mixture of compliance leave and enforced contractor lay-offs over the Christmas season. I had the option to negotiate an exemption but I'm shattered and really need the time off. Not even had a chance to do a Christmas CUK avatar, for which I'm truly sorry,

Hopefully today will be a nice quite day of housekeeping tasks making sure nothing falls over whilst I'm off, plus taking my mum to lunch as it's her birthday.

Not doing much over the two weeks, having a family Christmas just sleeping in late and walking down to the pub. Will probably not be posting on CUK until the New Year as number one on my "to do list" is "Computers - Avoid".

So what's everyone else doing over Christmas?
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Manic until the 23rd. Then zzzzzzzzz.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Finished yesterday. Invoice is away, back early January
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Off btween xmas and new year.

Fly back briefly to blighty for xmas day and back to cloggers boxing day.

Will relish in the fact that I have time off and have don't have to spend it organising a move.
        Intend to eat, drink and be merry
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Off btween xmas and new year.

Fly back briefly to blighty for xmas day and back to cloggers boxing day.

Will relish in the fact that I have time off and have don't have to spend it organising a move.
          Intend to eat, drink and be merry

alright Norah luv,

you bought that rotisserie yet ?

Well I finishes today yeehaw can't wait

but I'm working between chrimbo and new year

oh well

Milan.

Comment

Only taking the bank Holidays off, next Thursday night I am packing the kids in the car and driving up to Leeds where the rest of the family will be, Friday WFH for ClientCo, 4 days sleeping (with a bit of luck) before driving back down in Tuesday, working Wed, Thurs and Fri then after work Friday flying upto Scotland for New Year, back on the Monday, work Tuesday.

(I really did mean it when i said I take no days off when on a gig)
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Work up to the 23rd back in 28th, 29th & 30th, not bothered as I have a pile of DVD's that I never seem to find the time to watch.

Being paid to watch films and munch mince pies is preferable to doing the same at home.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Our landlord has given us notice he intends to evict us, so after agreeing a date with them - we've been looking for new premises for about a month now. And we'll keep looking over christmas I'm sure.
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I intend to indulge in my hobby. Sleeping.

Comment

working upto the 23rd. Then working again on the 29/30th from home. No point having the ability to WFH if I can't do it over the festive period.
                    Back to the office on the 3rd Jan

Comment

Working...
                    X