• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's snowing a little.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's snowing a little.

And the permie who was critical to a a whole day review meeting today and who had to travel in from 40 miles away hasn't turned up.

I despair with some people.

Any other examples of permie bedwetteredness.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Any other examples of permie benefits.
    FTFY... but feel your pain. Spent an hour and a half driving from the outter reaches of Manchester in to the office and more than half the permies haven't come in. It stopped snowing by 9.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I tell a lie. He's turned up, albeit an hour and half late.

Said he slept in because he had a tooth ache last night.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I tell a lie. He's turned up, albeit an hour and half late.

Said he slept in because he had a tooth ache last night.
        Sounds like he might be outside IR35. NLUK, be a love and check this out will you?

Comment

Snowflakes here the size of eyeballs. It can't decide if it's going to stick or not.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            FTFY... but feel your pain. Spent an hour and a half driving from the outter reaches of Manchester in to the office and more than half the permies haven't come in. It stopped snowing by 9.
            Had the same problem this morning, tiny bit of snow and everyone instantly cuts their speed in half. It wasn't even sticking to the road
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Two winters ago at client site it snowed, despite driving 50+ miles I made it on time after having given myself 1 hour extra time as I went the long way via the country lanes and not the motorway. Local permies phoned up saying they can’t make it so I told them I don’t mind collecting them, there was then silence on the other end of the phone.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                Two winters ago at client site it snowed, despite driving 50+ miles I made it on time after having given myself 1 hour extra time as I went the long way via the country lanes and not the motorway. Local permies phoned up saying they can’t make it so I told them I don’t mind collecting them, there was then silence on the other end of the phone.
                Brilliant idea. If you have a good 4x4 with winter tyres see if you can get the client to pay you to pickup and drop off all the permies as overtime.

Comment

And the permie who was critical to a a whole day review meeting today and who had to travel in from 40 miles away hasn't turned up.

I despair with some people.

Any other examples of permie bedwetteredness.
                  I was supposed to be in that there London today. Suityou02 asked me to WFH so I could help her with the school runs. Them pavements is slippy so I did it. Rather me fall over than her.

Trying to explain this to the PM though.
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                  X