• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Election results

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Election results

Well, as the BBQ was a great success (read: missus fell asleep before 21:00 hours) I thought I'd open yet another bottle of Château Lafite 1997 and pray for the demise of "new" liebour. Have the Moët & Chandon in the chiller on standby, just in case...

Well, as of 22:17, here are the scores on the whores:

Liars: 5
    Tories: 4
    Queers: 1
    Inadequates: 0
    Anarchists: 0

Glad to see my area is still true blue - thank you Mr Counciller neighbour, here's a monkey to see ya through...
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

This time I'm in an exciting ward, a swing ward in a narrowly labour held council (Merton). Have had lots of attention from all parties bar Labour (who haven't a prayer in this ward). Problem is my ward has returned three up their own arse "independent" knobheads from some local residents committee for the last 16 years who have kept Labour in power all that time.

Comment

Château Lafite 1997 - nice! Excellent choice for a sultry evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
        Château Lafite 1997 - nice! Excellent choice for a sultry evening.
        Yes, a poor man's Rothschild! Old man gave me a case, and I feel it's just one of those moments to savour...I hope!!!

Comment

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4969812.stm

Check out this bit:

KEY DECLARATIONS
          2200:Polls close
          0015: Rochdale
          0130: Camden
          0145: Birmingham
          0200: Tower Hamlets
          0230: Barking and Dagenham
          0245: Hull
          0300: Hammersmith and Fulham

-------------

Is it not the place where Rochdale swamp donkeys live?

Comment

Yep!

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/News/news.asp?ID=1552

Here's a bit of late minute propaganda from the ex Piers Moron red top:

10 REASONS TO VOTE LABOUR
            THE CRUNCH ELECTIONS
            1 MORE bobbies on the beat backed up by community support officers with plans for a six-strong neighbourhood police team in every community.

2 LABOUR councils have best record for using powers to combat anti-social behaviour and curb Britain's yob culture in contrast to Tories and Lib Dems who did not even back the new laws.

3 SURE Start children's centres for kids and parents have been funded by Labour but would be put at risk by Tories who will cut spending.

4 MORE money is going into local schools, including the poorest areas, to improve buildings, buy more computers and whiteboards after years of Tory under-spending. And spending per pupil has gone up from £2,500 to £5,000.

5 LABOUR councils are using new powers to improve street lighting, clean up damage, vandalism, fly-tipping and graffiti and remove abandoned cars.

6 MORE Labour councils (43%) are classed as four-star top performers in delivering services than Tories (30%) or Lib Dems (8%)

7 LABOUR councils cost an average £190 less per head than Tory-controlled councils and £96 less than Lib Dems.

8 LABOUR councils are investing in "cleaner and greener" neighbourhoods to boost recycling with more kerbside schemes and tidying up green spaces.

9 INVESTMENT in the local authorities and threats to cap big spenders has kept council tax rises under control.

10 AREAS neglected by the Tories, such as Manchester, Newcastle and Liverpool, have been revitalised by Labour with new houses, civic buildings and sports facilities.

Comment

I've just had a look in the old hyperD Towers wine closet and noticed I've got a bottle of Les Brulières 1983... feck me, must taste like tulipe by now...

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                This time I'm in an exciting ward, a swing ward in a narrowly labour held council (Merton). Have had lots of attention from all parties bar Labour (who haven't a prayer in this ward). Problem is my ward has returned three up their own arse "independent" knobheads from some local residents committee for the last 16 years who have kept Labour in power all that time.
                Friend of mine's wife works in Merton council... she tells some strange doubleplus stories from that place...

I noticed a lot of shouting today across our road...only to find it was some geriatric making an announcement about the Senior Citizen's party or something. The great thing was, he was coughing his last into the megaphone! Had me in stitches...

Comment

Watching this paint dry is like waiting for the election results...

still no change... might as well go to Big Breasted Amateurs for a while...quick check the wife is sufficiently chloroformed...check...kleenex...check....tube of Johnson's baby oil...check...

Right brb...

Comment

It's totally blue where I live. So much so that they haven't even bothered to have an election.

Comment

Working...
                    X