• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Switching BT phone to Virgin phone is it easy ? .. how can you find out....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switching BT phone to Virgin phone is it easy ? .. how can you find out....

Switching BT phone to Virgin phone is it easy ? .. how can you find out if what seems to the bt master phone sockets and non master sockets can be easily switched over to a virgin telephone socket.

The previous occupiers at my home had Telewest and I use that for Virgin Broadband now and all works well so I suspect they had virgin phones also but I'm not 100% sure. I guess a Virgin phone engineer will have to be called to complete the installation either way but I don't want them installing a new socket by creating a new hole in the wall or anything like that....

any one of you had any experience with this sort of switch over ? I'm switching to get a better overall deal which you get when you get a phone also.

My flat has a Virgin (was NTL) cable and phone, and a separate BT socket. The cable stuff comes through the front of the building, and I'm pretty sure the BT line comes from the back; certainly, the BT box is at the back of the living room, and there are no overhead phone cables to the front of the building whereas there are to the back.

I don't think you'd need a new hole in the wall though. My cable socket is connected to (or from...) the phone socket by a cable running along the top of the skirting board.

Comment

Working...
    X