• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

British People: Stoic or Stupid?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British People: Stoic or Stupid?

Guard announced on the train this morning;

"Will the owner of the luggage with the car battery attached to it, please report to the rear of the train"

Nobody batted an eyelid.

Guard got off at next stop and paraded up and down the platform on his mobile, then the driver got off and all the doors closed!

Nobody moved...

All well, driver and guard got back on and off we chiffed.

Makes you proud to be British......?

I think that's quite cool.

I remember back in the days of IRA bomb threats, standing at Birmingham New Street station on a Friday evening. Station was busy and the tannoy announcer said there's a bomb threat (the umpteenth in a few weeks) and the station had to be cleared. Everyone just stayed standing and waited for trains. A couple of policemen started remonstrating, and people said 'bring a train and we'll all get on it and the station will be clear'. Eventually they gave in. That's how you beat terror; don't be scared.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

15 years of New Labour.....there's your answer. Terminally thick as pigtulip.

Comment

Stoically stupid or did I mean stupidly stoical.
        Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Working...
        X