• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blackberry Playpad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackberry Playpad

Anyone got one? What do you think of it? Do you need Blackberry data services or can you use normal 3g ?

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    Anyone got one? What do you think of it? Do you need Blackberry data services or can you use normal 3g ?

I remember when the ipad came out and RIM announced what they would offer, you needed a BB to use it.

Comment

Just ordered one from Simply Electronics at a bargain price of £210 including delivery.

If I did not have a Blackberry I would not have bought this, but, as I have a Pearl as well as the Curve, I am very tempted to swap the curve for the much smaller Pearl and tether to the playbook.

Not sure why anyone would want to double the price to an Ipad plus the monthly internet charges, as will cost me nothing extra for data.....

Comment

As from today Currys have the 16Gb playbook for £169, reserved/picked one up this morning

Comment

Originally posted by adubya View Post
          As from today Currys have the 16Gb playbook for £169, reserved/picked one up this morning
          Brilliant, thanks for this.

Got one reserved to collect near where I will be on boxing day!!

Just as well, as looks like I will not be getting anything delivered from Simply Electronics - turns out they are a dodgy outfit in Hong Kong, with little chance of refund......

Simply electronics, distance selling regs & Paypal - PC Advisor

http://www.plebble.com/listing224935...y-electronics/
          Last edited by Wilmslow; 24 December 2011, 19:22.

Comment

Oi Wilmslow, tell us about your mafia neighbours - did they get you a card this year?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Oi Wilmslow, tell us about your mafia neighbours - did they get you a card this year?
              Yeah, but it had an unfestive picture of a horse's head on it for some reason

And swerving closer on topic, did you ever buy a smartphone/pad?

Comment

Pleased to report that missus liked it

Comment

I also like it – a good small, but usably portable size, excellent Bridge to my Blackberry phone as well.

I would be worried about someone trying to connect to the internet from a non blackberry phone though – this seems like a limitation as formally only blackberry phones are supported.

Got my refund back from Simply Electronics, the Hong Kong dodgy outfit – found a company director name on the internet and emailed with a cc to the Isle of Wight trading standards officer as they use IoW for importing to the UK. Worked a treat!!

Apps are non existent which is a bother – it is as though blackberry are giving up on apps.

Also annoying cannot use it as a kindle viewer without being online for the online viewer version. Promised app from Amazon for months not come to anything.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
                    Pleased to report that missus liked it
                    I assume anything that distracts from communicating with you must be a winner in her eyes
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X