• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dave Hartnett

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave Hartnett

Wot no comments?

Given the 'news' today, I am surprised.

Who is he/she?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Who is he/she?
      'Customer' restaurant and 'blue chip entertainments' manager for HMRC by all accounts

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
        'Customer' restaurant and 'blue chip entertainments' manager for HMRC by all accounts
        Ah, right. I thought it might be a footballer or similar sporting person, but I suppose civil servants are just as obscure

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
          Wot no comments?

Given the 'news' today, I am surprised.
          What's he done then (can't be bothered to Google)?
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
            I would be happy to provide you with adequate research and a risk analysis.

£550 per day plus expenses.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
              HMRC said: "The idea Dave Hartnett cuts a large tax bill in return for a glass of wine and a cheese sandwich is just plain nonsense."

So it sounds like he's been cutting large tax bills in return for a glass of whisky and a ham sandwich.

Comment

He's been wining and dining with big business and cutting special deals to save them millions on their tax bills.

Funny, I don't remember having the opportunity to discuss how much I should pay HMRC?
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  He's been wining and dining with big business and cutting special deals to save them millions on their tax bills.

Funny, I don't remember having the opportunity to discuss how much I should pay HMRC?
                  Maybe change your company name to HSBC-Vodafone ltd?
                  Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

I might offer to take him out for a meal in return for a reduction in Corp Tax bill - nothing fancy, just a Pret.

Be interesting to see if there approach changes - hopefully lay off small and medium business a bit. Don't mind paying my bit but sometimes as a contractor with my own private company, end up feeling like a criminal what with IR35 etc

Comment

Working...
                    X