• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK's AAA credit rating threatened by 'formidable challenges'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK's AAA credit rating threatened by 'formidable challenges'

Oh dear...

Moody's warns that UK could face a downgrade as "formidable and rising challenges" such as the deficit increase since 2008 have eroded ability to absorb further fiscal shocks.
    Debt crisis: live - Telegraph
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    At least we have no one to blame but ourselves. Brown and Blair will not be able to shift responsibility onto Europe
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

The question is whether we will still be able to feed our 70-100 million population by the end of 2012 as things progress beyond money next year. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Apparently the police already have been issued the right to kill as things liven up.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        At least we have no one to blame but ourselves. Brown and Blair will not be able to shift responsibility onto Europe

So that's better to blame some populist politician who got elected and left with a nice pension pot whilst the country is paying the debts rather than submit to ze German's iron will of making sure such things don't happen?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

So that's better to blame some populist politician who got elected and left with a nice pension pot whilst the country is paying the debts rather than submit to ze German's iron will of making sure such things don't happen?
          Given a choice between stringing up Gordon Brown or being ruled by your mate Hitler, I know what I would prefer to do.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Given a choice between stringing up Gordon Brown or being ruled by your mate Hitler, I know what I would prefer to do.
            I don't think Hitler is known for policy of capping budget deficits in order not to go bust on debt, hence your comparison is as invalid as your warped view of the modern Europe.

Comment

That confirms its, you're sasguru's dad and he lives in a shed at the bottom of your garden.
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Amazing only 5 posts later and you managed to use the H word in a completely unrelated context to the OP; you're obsessed.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Maybe we should have a whip round to send DodgyAgent on a holiday to the fatherland, so he can see how terrible it is to be run by the Germans.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    Maybe we should have a whip round to send DodgyAgent on a holiday to the fatherland, so he can see how terrible it is to be run by the Germans.
                    Good idea.

I'll contribute 5 euros to it.

50 if he stays there

Comment

Working...
                    X