• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Handover advice (for a friend)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract Handover advice (for a friend)

I'll be brief because he never uses 1 word when 1000 wet ones will do but an acquittance has managed to make a mess of a contract. Luckily (and I didn't think there were any companies this stupid left) he has found another company stupid enough to take him on but he now needs to sensible extract himself.

That being the case he's asking the following questions which to be honest I can't be arsed to give a sensible answer to. Anyone else want a go.

I'll be brief

Leaving a contract 6 weeks early to go to another, the current contract is not a good place to be and I need to get out

The am through an agency who are contracted to a consultancy who in turn have a fixed price piece of work for client co

The agency called today (a week after notice was served) to say the consultancy are not happy with me leaving and they do not want to shoulder the extra cost of having to pay two day rates for the duration of the handover period

In short they want me to work for free during the handover period

Anyone had this before? More than a bit shocked
    Last edited by eek; 20 December 2011, 20:23.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Then give a very un-sensible answer for it?!

I assume as, your friend, is not the type of bedwetter who fly's by the seat of his huggies his work so far will be meticulously documented thus meaning no handover will be needed.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

You're no friend of mine you ****.

HTH

Edit : This is starting a thread to insult another board member isn't it?
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

HTH

Nah just offering people another chance to comment and ensure you get additional advice. Especially as SimonMac's original post proved my theory that many people on General don't read the professional forums.

Honest Gov.

And I still think you haven't realised that the consultancy is going to try and place the blame on you so I would try and protect your backside. When you first posted about this contract I joked that you were going to be the fall guy I didn't expect and I don't want you to be that.
        Last edited by eek; 20 December 2011, 20:31.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Then give a very un-sensible answer for it?!

I assume as, your friend, is not the type of bedwetter who fly's by the seat of his huggies his work so far will be meticulously documented thus meaning no handover will be needed.
          Does your friend feel that he is everyones bessie mate including the clients, his co-workers, the off-sourced resource and anonymous posters on an Internet forum? If so then this handover will not be simple and additional mediation will be required, somewhere along the lines of the Israel/Palestine or Ireland peace accords.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

HTH

Why is that not allowed then?

I'll ask the question.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ing-twunt.html

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              I'll be brief because he never uses 1 word when 1000 wet ones will do but an acquittance has managed to make a mess of a contract. Luckily (and I didn't think there were any companies this stupid left) he has found another company stupid enough to take him on but he now needs to sensible extract himself.

That being the case he's asking the following questions which to be honest I can't be arsed to give a sensible answer to. Anyone else want a go.
              You friend sounds like a right bedwetting . You sure he is cut out for contractin?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Why is that not allowed then?

I'll ask the question.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ing-twunt.html
                Pah. One infraction point. I remember when Mods actually visited the site at least once a month between posts.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Pah. One infraction point. I remember when Mods actually visited the site at least once a month between posts.
                  Haha. You suck at getting banned.
                  "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
                    Haha. You suck at getting banned.
                    You mong.

Comment

Working...
                    X