• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The official "most stupid Sir Merv photo" thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The official "most stupid Sir Merv photo" thread

Bank of England boosts Mervyn King's pension by £1.4m

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post

Comment

Is that a photo of when he found out inflation had actually dropped instead of continually increasing due to his economic mismanagement?

Comment

Oi - Leave Penfold alone - he's harmless.

Unlike the gentleman portrayed in the OP.....................

Comment

"Yes!. My sofa arrived"
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Is that a photo of when he found out inflation had actually dropped instead of continually increasing due to his economic mismanagement?
                I thought he's done quite a good job preventing a depression through quantitative easing, something his counterparts in the ECB are refusing to do.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  I thought he's done quite a good job preventing a depression through quantitative easing, something his counterparts in the ECB are refusing to do.
                  Strictly speaking his job is to manage the committee that keeps inflation at between 1% and 3%. He has continually underestimated inflation.

No reason why the remit could not be changed to have a target growth rate or something like that.

But if you had retired would you be happy at seeing your savings continually eroded? And its not nice either for poor families who have an effective inflation rate of closer to 10%(food and energy).

But I do agree that inflation is the only way out for Eurozone - it will buy a few more years before Eurogedden.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Strictly speaking his job is to manage the committee that keeps inflation at between 1% and 3%. He has continually underestimated inflation.

No reason why the remit could not be changed to have a target growth rate or something like that.

But if you had retired would you be happy at seeing your savings continually eroded? And its not nice either for poor families who have an effective inflation rate of closer to 10%(food and energy).

But I do agree that inflation is the only way out for Eurozone - it will buy a few more years before Eurogedden.
                    I don't think he has underestimated inflation.
                    Both he and his political masters have calculated that inflation is a small price to pay to avoid a bigger conflagration. And they are probably right.
                    Of course he has to play the official game in public while doing simething else in reality.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X