PDA

View Full Version : The Blockade of the Falklands

MarillionFan
21st December 2011, 08:17
Now Urugary is blocking ships carrying the Falklands flag from landing in their harbours.

I say for the sake of the 25 ships it effects we send down 100 warships to deal with the oiks. When I say 100 I mean as many warships as we have left. So 3.

BBC News - South American states ban Falklands vessels from ports (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16280613)

BrilloPad
21st December 2011, 08:24
Might be worth seing if there is any oil there before deciding what to do.

Mich the Tester
21st December 2011, 10:07
Now Urugary is blocking ships carrying the Falklands flag from landing in their harbours.

Is Urugary related to Paragary?

Old Greg
21st December 2011, 10:15
Outsource it to the Indian navy.

PAH
21st December 2011, 10:46
Don't worry, if there is any oil down there the yanks will help us out for their usual fee. :rolleyes:

eek
21st December 2011, 10:49
Don't worry, if there is any oil down there the yanks will help us out for their usual fee. :rolleyes:

Rumour has it that they aren't going to help as their new friends are willing to pay more.

DimPrawn
21st December 2011, 11:57
Sell the Falklands today, along with all rights to any oil.

With the money we could bail out a bank or two, and have some nice banker bonuses in time for Christmas.

Win win.

:smokin

TimberWolf
21st December 2011, 12:04
Sell the Falklands today, along with all rights to any oil.

With the money we could bail out a bank or two, and have some nice banker bonuses in time for Christmas.

Win win.

:smokin

Yeah, give Merv another nice big xmas bonus too.

MarillionFan
21st December 2011, 12:09

Gary left the army and now works in security

DimPrawn
21st December 2011, 13:52

What about Upthegary?

swamp
21st December 2011, 13:54
Fly a different flag.

doodab
21st December 2011, 15:17
Fly a different flag.

Like a red ensign.

Paddy
21st December 2011, 15:27
The Falklands should be fully integrated with the UK as do the French overseas territories that are considered part of the EU

The_Equalizer
21st December 2011, 16:38
There is already a shed load of oil down there. Rockhopper Exploration will have an updated competent persons report (CPR) early in 2012. They are looking at 400 million barrels recoverable minimum for their main discovery (Sea Lion) alone. If any of you fancy a bit of a flutter they are trading at 260 pence with 280 million shares in issue.

DimPrawn
21st December 2011, 17:38
There is already a shed load of oil down there. Rockhopper Exploration will have an updated competent persons report (CPR) early in 2012. They are looking at 400 million barrels recoverable minimum for their main discovery (Sea Lion) alone. If any of you fancy a bit of a flutter they are trading at 260 pence with 280 million shares in issue.

Share price might drop a bit if the Argies invade, which I reckon they will. Lets face it, our military strength is weaker now than in the 80's and the EU and NATO won't help out. USA will sit back and laugh and then grab some oil for themselves when Britain is defeated.

The_Equalizer
21st December 2011, 22:30
Share price might drop a bit if the Argies invade, which I reckon they will. Lets face it, our military strength is weaker now than in the 80's and the EU and NATO won't help out. USA will sit back and laugh and then grab some oil for themselves when Britain is defeated.

Other people disagree Mr. Prawn:

Argentina Defence and Security Report 2012 (http://www.marketresearch.com/Business-Monitor-International-v304/Argentina-Defence-Security-6690746/)

Fill ya boots is what I say.

AtW
21st December 2011, 22:31
I say for the sake of the 25 ships it effects we send down 100 warships to deal with the oiks. When I say 100 I mean as many warships as we have left. So 3.

I reckon you'll become far less of a warmonger if you get called into the Navy to peel potatoes all day long.

AtW
21st December 2011, 22:32
Yeah, give Merv another nice big xmas bonus too.

He needs one after writing so many letters to the Chancellor this year.

AtW
21st December 2011, 22:33
btw, can't this conflict get settled in a fair game of national football teams from each countries?!? :confused:

MarillionFan
21st December 2011, 22:39
I reckon you'll become far less of a warmonger if you get called into the Navy to peel potatoes all day long.

As I'm not a raving homosexual there is little chance of me ever being in the Navy.

As I have a sense of humour then there is little chance of me ever being in the Army

And as I'm too fat then there is little chance of me ever fitting in a fighter jet.

AtW
21st December 2011, 23:00
As I'm not a raving homosexual there is little chance of me ever being in the Navy.

As I have a sense of humour then there is little chance of me ever being in the Army

And as I'm too fat then there is little chance of me ever fitting in a fighter jet.

In addition to that you are so ugly that MI6 is also out of question.

Moscow Mule
21st December 2011, 23:40
If I might be afforded my old little ramp, Argos Resources might be worth a punt after they decide how to get the money for the drilling program they need next year.

As to the Argentinian question, the answer is TLAM.

There's nothing like a silent, deadly machine lurking off the coast to calm the war-like tendencies of a third class Air Force that would have no home base to return to were they to strike at the Falklands.

TiroFijo
22nd December 2011, 08:45
Ah.

The Latin American meat packing glitterati are becoming fractious again.

And this time we ain't got diddley squat left to deal with them.

Brezhnev took Afghanistan.
Begin took Beirut.
Galtieri took the Union Jack.
And Maggie, over lunch one day,
Took a cruiser with all hands.
Apparently, to make him give it back

TimberWolf
22nd December 2011, 08:48
Another slap in the face for Britain: the Obama administration sides with Argentina and Venezuela in OAS declaration on the Falklands – Telegraph Blogs (http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/nilegardiner/100091346/another-slap-in-the-face-for-britain-the-obama-administration-sides-with-argentina-and-venezuela-in-oas-declaration-on-the-falklands/)

The_Equalizer
22nd December 2011, 09:10
Another slap in the face for Britain: the Obama administration sides with Argentina and Venezuela in OAS declaration on the Falklands – Telegraph Blogs (http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/nilegardiner/100091346/another-slap-in-the-face-for-britain-the-obama-administration-sides-with-argentina-and-venezuela-in-oas-declaration-on-the-falklands/)

Never liked that Clinton woman. Slippery one her. Still fingers crossed that lot will be out of power in a couple of years.

As for Argos Resources, yes a bit a punt and probably one to put in the bottom drawer. I would suggest that Rockhopper is a safer option for near term profit. Then again, it is AIM so place your cash and keep your fingers crossed!

MarillionFan
22nd December 2011, 10:17
Oooo. There's a forum for it.

Falklands Malvinas - Free invitation, but moderation required (http://www.falklands-malvinas.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=3)