• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone dieting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone dieting?

I have by association been encouraging the wife as she follows the Slimming World diet over the past 9 weeks or so and have managed to lose 1st 4lbs.

How does everyone avoid pigging out over Christmas, cos I know it going to be difficult.

Will power I know, any other strategies?
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    I have by association been encouraging the wife as she follows the Slimming World diet over the past 9 weeks or so and have managed to lose 1st 4lbs.

How does everyone avoid pigging out over Christmas, cos I know it going to be difficult.

I won't avoid pigging out over Christmas - what the point. Enjoy it

Then in the new year I will start all over again

Comment

I get so drunk I forget to eat.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post

Just don't be a pig. When you're comfortably full, stop eating.

Either that or sneak off for a tactical

HTH
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

Being from Yorkshire I find the suggestion that I should do anything that results in the loss of pounds highly offensive and not in keeping with my racial traits.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            I get so drunk I forget to eat.
            I get so drunk I forget to STOP eating.

Comment

Nope, don't believe in diets.

I try and eat sensibly (try being the operative word) have never been one to pig out over xmas, not being a big fan of xmas dinner or sweet things helps, though the cheeseboard is always my biggest foe.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

A few years ago I lost over a stone over the Christmas break. It's quite easy. just don't eat all the additional crap that is foisted on you. You will actually feel better for it!

For Christmas dinner I had all the meat that I wanted and all the veg (no spuds), but I didn't have the usual 3 helpings of Christmas Pudding and the cheese board afterwards. I made a point not to drink three bottles of red wine in the afternoon and ignored the sweets, nuts and crisps that get left all over the place. I am slowly geting the point around to the rest of the family that getting through £300 worth of food in a day is neither healthy or sensible. I opted to not to drink over new years and just ate a little more sparse than normal...

Comment

Avoid carbs and get exercise.

Also do research. Someone told me about a slimming world instructor who liked Irish Coffees. She ecided to be good and have horlicks slimming drinks instead. The next week she had put on weight - and found out that horlicks slimming is nearly as many syns as Irish Coffee!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Being from Yorkshire I find the suggestion that I should do anything that results in the loss of pounds highly offensive and not in keeping with my racial traits.
                    Amen Brother NLUK
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X