PDA

View Full Version : Anyone dieting?

Scrag Meister
21st December 2011, 10:53
I have by association been encouraging the wife as she follows the Slimming World diet over the past 9 weeks or so and have managed to lose 1st 4lbs.

How does everyone avoid pigging out over Christmas, cos I know it going to be difficult.

Will power I know, any other strategies?

FiveTimes
21st December 2011, 10:58
I have by association been encouraging the wife as she follows the Slimming World diet over the past 9 weeks or so and have managed to lose 1st 4lbs.

How does everyone avoid pigging out over Christmas, cos I know it going to be difficult.

I won't avoid pigging out over Christmas - what the point. Enjoy it :D

Then in the new year I will start all over again

gingerjedi
21st December 2011, 11:02
I get so drunk I forget to eat.

wobbegong
21st December 2011, 11:04

Just don't be a pig. When you're comfortably full, stop eating.

Either that or sneak off for a tactical :puke:

HTH

northernladuk
21st December 2011, 11:27
Being from Yorkshire I find the suggestion that I should do anything that results in the loss of pounds highly offensive and not in keeping with my racial traits.

GeorgeB
21st December 2011, 11:30
I get so drunk I forget to eat.

I get so drunk I forget to STOP eating.

norrahe
21st December 2011, 11:47
Nope, don't believe in diets.

I try and eat sensibly (try being the operative word) have never been one to pig out over xmas, not being a big fan of xmas dinner or sweet things helps, though the cheeseboard is always my biggest foe.

bobspud
21st December 2011, 11:49
A few years ago I lost over a stone over the Christmas break. It's quite easy. just don't eat all the additional crap that is foisted on you. You will actually feel better for it!

For Christmas dinner I had all the meat that I wanted and all the veg (no spuds), but I didn't have the usual 3 helpings of Christmas Pudding and the cheese board afterwards. I made a point not to drink three bottles of red wine in the afternoon and ignored the sweets, nuts and crisps that get left all over the place. I am slowly geting the point around to the rest of the family that getting through £300 worth of food in a day is neither healthy or sensible. I opted to not to drink over new years and just ate a little more sparse than normal...

BrilloPad
21st December 2011, 12:12
Avoid carbs and get exercise.

Also do research. Someone told me about a slimming world instructor who liked Irish Coffees. She ecided to be good and have horlicks slimming drinks instead. The next week she had put on weight - and found out that horlicks slimming is nearly as many syns as Irish Coffee!

SimonMac
21st December 2011, 12:21
Being from Yorkshire I find the suggestion that I should do anything that results in the loss of pounds highly offensive and not in keeping with my racial traits.

Amen Brother NLUK

TestMangler
21st December 2011, 12:45
Nope, don't believe in diets.

I try and eat sensibly (try being the operative word) have never been one to pig out over xmas, not being a big fan of xmas dinner or sweet things helps, though the cheeseboard is always my biggest foe.

That's because you're meant to stop eating when the cheese and biscuits are finished.

Only a complete greedy cow would eat the board as well :tongue

ChrisPackit
21st December 2011, 13:19
I did a gig with a guy a few years ago, and his view on dietting was "when your pants feel tight, just buy some bigger ones" - He was already a good 46" waist at that point :tired

wobbegong
21st December 2011, 13:28
I did a gig with a guy a few years ago, and his view on dietting was "when your pants feel tight, just buy some bigger ones" - He was already a good 46" waist at that point :tired

It wasn't the guy on the right, was it?

http://www.threaded.com/images/tom_kristensen_and_threaded.jpg

norrahe
21st December 2011, 13:46
That's because you're meant to stop eating when the cheese and biscuits are finished.

Only a complete greedy cow would eat the board as well :tongue

Only if the board is made of cheese Gromit :laugh

sasguru
21st December 2011, 13:55
I'll eat what I want as usual without putting on weight. It's in my aristocratic genes. Only working class oiks get fat.

Mich the Tester
21st December 2011, 14:00
I'll eat what I want as usual and only build more muscle mass. It's in my athletic genes. Only unfit people get fat.

Scrag Meister
21st December 2011, 15:46
though the cheeseboard is always my biggest foe.

I'm with you there Norrahe, I have a carrier bag full of cheese waiting for Xmas evening.

Scrag Meister
21st December 2011, 15:50
Sod it, Happy Christmas Everyone :D

Pringles, Quality Street, Peanuts, Cheese, Roast potatoes and super high calorie desserts here I come.

I feel a New Years resolution coming on. :D

MarillionFan
21st December 2011, 15:51
I'll eat what I want as usual and get fatter. I'll then post online that I didn't put on any weight and in fact toned up. It's in my walter mitty genes.

Mich the Tester
21st December 2011, 16:08
I'll eat what I want as usual and get fatter. I'll then post online that I didn't put on any weight and in fact toned up. It's in my walter mitty genes.

:spel fat bastard in denial

Zippy
21st December 2011, 16:12
:spel fat bastard in denial

Make that a double.

pmeswani
21st December 2011, 16:20
I feel a New Years resolution coming on. :D

Is it to eat more and let your wife eat even more? :laugh

minestrone
21st December 2011, 20:27
I shifted 4 stone last year, down from a fat 17.5 stone to a racing fit 13.5, running a marathon distance every weekend and 2 half marathons during the week. I have my eye on the marathon de sables in 2014.

MarillionFan
21st December 2011, 21:57
I shifted 4 stone last year, down from a fat 17.5 stone to a racing fit 13.5, running a marathon distance every weekend and 2 half marathons during the week. I have my eye on the marathon de sables in 2014.

No one likes a marathon whore.

EternalOptimist
21st December 2011, 22:19
I've been off the beer for a week. Me ribs are sticking through

I think I get most of my calories from the ale

:rolleyes:

Moscow Mule
22nd December 2011, 00:04
I'll eat what I want as usual without putting on weight. It's in my aristocratic genes. Only working class oiks get fat.

Yes, because Henry VIII was a very svelte chap by the time he'd finished.

AtW
22nd December 2011, 00:06
I had two diet cokes today.

Moscow Mule
22nd December 2011, 00:09
I had two diet cakes today.

FTFY