• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Train eviction video: 'Big Man' is charged

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Train eviction video: 'Big Man' is charged

BBC News - Train eviction video: 'Big Man' is charged

And quite right too - he should never have got involved. The ticket inspector handled it very badly.

They should have given hiim a medal more like, if one toe wrag can get away with it we can all try it

Turn the other cheek when a crime is being comitted

Mind you he was lucky the yoof didn't pull a blade and stick him

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      BBC News - Train eviction video: 'Big Man' is charged

And quite right too - he should never have got involved. The ticket inspector handled it very badly.
      Bleeding heart liberals like you are the cause of the malaise in the UK today. If scrotes like the kid expected to be taken care of by people like the big man then they would be a lot less likely to take the piss in the first place.
      Why should 100 people be held up by a dickhead who refuses to pay or get off.

I hope it goes to jury, I reckon he will be found not guilty.
      Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
        Bleeding heart liberals like you are the cause of the malaise in the UK today.
        OTOH, vigilante justice is hardly the solution. Allowing the public to act violently tells the youth that violence is fine after all.

A middle ground might be that the conductor should have kicked him off.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          OTOH, vigilante justice is hardly the solution. Allowing the public to act violently tells the youth that violence is fine after all.

I would agree if the big man had been overly aggressive, but it looked like reasonable force to me. The public should be allowed a certain amount of leeway in these circumstances.
          Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

It was hardly vigilante, he just picked him up and moved him to the door if he was a vigilante he would have thrown him from the train and not waited for it to arrive at the station Charles Bronson stylee

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
              Bleeding heart liberals like you are the cause of the malaise in the UK today. If scrotes like the kid expected to be taken care of by people like the big man then they would be a lot less likely to take the piss in the first place.
              Why should 100 people be held up by a dickhead who refuses to pay or get off.

I hope it goes to jury, I reckon he will be found not guilty.
              A man in a pinstripe suit would not have been treated the same way by the ticket collector. The ticket collector should not have helt the train up and instead radioed to the Transport police to take over.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Utter tosh, it tells them that they are likely to get their arses kicked if they get lippy.
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

I've not seen all the footage - in reports I've read it said that the kid was abusive to the conductor and in others he was not. If he was abusive then fair play to the guy for kickimg him off. If not, and he had made a genuine mistake in buying 2 singles instead of a return, then probably not. Had it been me at that age I would probably just taken the hit on the fine and grumbled about it, rather than mouthing off to the inspector.

2 sides to every story. If he was a gobtulipe then fair enough.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    A man in a pinstripe suit would not have been treated the same way by the ticket collector. The ticket collector should not have helt the train up and instead radioed to the Transport police to take over.
                    Regardless of what a person is wearing telling the conductor to f-off and acting like an obnoxious little turd is hardly going to get Joe-public on your side.

Comment

Working...
                    X