• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why bother with the dentist...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why bother with the dentist...

"A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

No blood, it's a fix
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

When I was a kid I use to try and pull my slightly wobbly milk teeth out so I could get money from the "tooth fairy"*. They didn't tend to bleed a lot or at all if they were wobbly enough when they came out.

*Any adult in the house stupid enough to believe my tooth fell out naturally.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        No blood, it's a fix
        I wasn't sure (although I did have teeth come out without bleeding when I was a child as well), but if you look on YouTube there seems to be a spate of kids pulling their teeth out with Nerf guns.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...1503l3.10l13l0
        "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
          I wasn't sure (although I did have teeth come out without bleeding when I was a child as well), but if you look on YouTube there seems to be a spate of kids pulling their teeth out with Nerf guns.

nerf gun tooth extraction - YouTube
          That kid needs some serious orthodontistry...
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I just paid my first visit to the dentist for 6 years. The suspected caries which was going to need constant monitoring, and plenty of expensive X-rays, now seems to have completely disappeared, but then it was a different dentist and she seemed a little disappointed that there was no caries, but was quite jubilant to inform me that in spite of that, that one of my fillings had "worn down" (ever so slightly), and would need to be replaced. Obviously if I don´t do it within the next financial year, and it wears down further she might be forced to remove the nerve and effectively kill the tooth, then again maybe not. Maybe it was always like that. It was also interesting that inspite of being informed how vitally important it was that apparently I now no longer need a (expensive) regular root cleaning treatment. Of course I´ve no doubt that my worn fillings will now need constant (expensive) attention.
            Last edited by BlasterBates; 22 December 2011, 10:07.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

It would've been funnier if someone had fired the gun at him to knock it out.

Bah! Humbug.
              The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
              X