• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question about Car Mileaages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Car Mileaages

I am in process of buying car.

I have found a car that me and my wife like.

It is old Waxwagon Bettle and seller says the year is 1973.
    Engine is completely reconditioned but mileage is 129,000. He says that because this is new engine it is possibly legitimate to set mileage back to zero miles.

Is this possible, is this legitimate or is this legal?

Yes.

You can also apply to India via certain sites to get a new V5C which shows the car is much newer than the one you have. May have a few spelling mistakes but all above board.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hill Station Murthy View Post
      I am in process of buying car.

I have found a car that me and my wife like.

It is old Waxwagon Bettle and seller says the year is 1973.
      Engine is completely reconditioned but mileage is 129,000. He says that because this is new engine it is possibly legitimate to set mileage back to zero miles.

Is this possible, is this legitimate or is this legal?
      You can reset the mileage but not mislead the buyer. Buying an old VW you must presume it has done 300k.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Why would you want to reset?? its the miles that give the car its character

Comment

Just drive it backwards around the world 4 times, it'll be as good as new.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
          X