• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Guaranteed way to win the pools

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guaranteed way to win the pools

To find out more please send a cheque or postal order for one pound to:

Horace Bachelor,
    P.O. Box 99
    Keynsham (that's K-E-Y-N-S-H-A-M).

I was reminded of this while driving through Keynsham the other day.

Anyone remember?

Originally posted by pacharan View Post

Horace Bachelor,
    P.O. Box 99

Anyone remember?
    What day did you go?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      What day did you go?
      Tuesday.

Popped into Tastebuds for a hot cajun wrap before going on a sesh in Compton Dando

Comment

Horace Bachelor,
        P.O. Box 99

Anyone remember?
        The Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band often used to mention him, and named an album after Keynsham

"Zebra Kid and Horace Batchelor on percussion" - The Intro and the Outro

Comment

Horace Bachelor,
          P.O. Box 99

Anyone remember?
          Road Luxemburg, the only pop radio station at the time, very poor reception on my car radio (valve)
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            Road Luxemburg, the only pop radio station at the time, very poor reception on my car radio (valve)

My memories of the Big L are of me at boarding school with a tranny in my bunk.

The evening's entertainment always went on under my pillow so that the prefects couldn't hear.

Emperor Rosco was a favourite.

By the way, MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Comment

just don't play the euro millions - I'm not 100% confident they can afford the payout

©jack Dee on twitter
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
                My memories of the Big L are of me at boarding school with a tranny in my bunk.

The evening's entertainment always went on under my pillow so that the prefects couldn't hear.

Emperor Rosco was a favourite.

By the way, MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  The Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band often used to mention him, and named an album after Keynsham

"Zebra Kid and Horace Batchelor on percussion" - The Intro and the Outro
                  I always thought it was them who did "Flying saucers over Yatton". Was wrong, was Stackridge by all accounts.

I seem to recall that Viv Stanshaw lived on a boat in Bristol & died a few years back when he fell asleep with a fag in his mouth and set fire to it.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                    I always thought it was them who did "Flying saucers over Yatton". Was wrong, was Stackridge by all accounts.

I seem to recall that Viv Stanshaw lived on a boat in Bristol & died a few years back when he fell asleep with a fag in his mouth and set fire to it.
                    Not sure if he ever lived on a boat in Bristol, but Viv died in his flat in Muswell Hill, although you're right about the fag

I've just been chatting to my friend John Halsey, who was a good friend of Viv's for many years. He's told me a number of amusing stories about him. Yet Viv was rather a tragic figure in the end. John says that Viv's preferred indulgence was Valium and brandy, which isn't a good combination if you also smoke in bed

John's also told me that he was drummer for the recording of a third Sir Henry Rawlinson album. Although it was completed, Viv then just sat on the tapes for several years as he couldn't face the hassle of releasing a new album and all the having-to-be-organised that would come with promoting it. As far as John knows, the tapes were destroyed in the fire in which Viv died.

Comment

Working...
                    X