• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New car safety feature

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New car safety feature

All new cars should have a large spike sticking out of the middle of the steering wheel. It would serve as a reminder that you are in charge of a lethal weapon and you should take care.

That is essentially what old American cars had, a large boss in the middle of the steering wheel.

Killed tens of thousands of careless drivers over the years before someone had the bright idea of making the steering wheel flat.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      That is essentially what old American cars had, a large boss in the middle of the steering wheel.

Killed tens of thousands of careless drivers over the years before someone had the bright idea of making the steering wheel flat.
      Maybe American drivers are stupid enough not to learn to drive safely - but are all the other drivers in the world that stupid?

Actually judging from my recent trip on the M25 they are. My original post was a really bad idea. Thanks OH for pointing me in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Maybe American drivers are stupid enough not to learn to drive safely - but are all the other drivers in the world that stupid?

Actually judging from my recent trip on the M25 they are. My original post was a really bad idea. Thanks OH for pointing me in the right direction.
        Do the cars actually travel faster than 30 mph on M25? What time of the day did you visit? It must have been late in the night or very early, I guess.

Comment

Just get out of my way and nobody gets hurt

Comment

All you need is my Cousin; Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Compilation - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by rd409 View Post
              Do the cars actually travel faster than 30 mph on M25? What time of the day did you visit? It must have been late in the night or very early, I guess.
              They are now doing sight seeing tours around the M25!!!
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

& lest we ever forget... Margaret Thatcher opened the M25

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  All new cars should have a large spike sticking out of the middle of the steering wheel. It would serve as a reminder that you are in charge of a lethal weapon and you should take care.
                  First said 30 years ago in the USA by a safty expert
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                  X