• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If you're thinking about going permie........

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're thinking about going permie........

How about this :

SENIOR ANALYST PROGRAMMER (Oracle - JDeveloper/ADF) job

It's not even got light in Manchester today, so a few years in the Caribbean looks rather tempting

Could be worse!
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Bank I work for has a branch in Cayman.

So far they have been unresponsive to offers of supplying services from there....
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I think it sounds better than it is.

Employment rights in the Cayman Islands aren't that great, from what I gather.

Plus you'll spend a fair bit of that salary on travel and living expenses.
        "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

OTOH:
          1. £55k
          2. Salary free of (local taxes)
          3. free standard medical and dental
          4. 12% noncontributory pension.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
            I think it sounds better than it is.

Employment rights in the Cayman Islands aren't that great, from what I gather.

Plus you'll spend a fair bit of that salary on travel and living expenses.
            I have friend that did a five year stint there (working in the corporate legal world).

She loved it and was far better off financially than she is now (in NZ) but there was a limit to how long she could put up with the small island mentality so the time came when she felt it necessary to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              OTOH:
              1. £55k
              2. Salary free of (local taxes)
              3. free standard medical and dental
              4. 12% noncontributory pension.
              And this :

Comment

Originally posted by Basil Fawlty View Post
                And this :

Ah the Cayman islands, famous for its sandy beaches and its vast quantities of naturally occurring broken images.
                "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Working...
                X