• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Perol

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perol

A possible way to cut the cost of petrol by 5p/10p litre

Car feed is expensive but there's a new scheme which could save you bags of cash over a year, part of my petrol cost cutting system. Pipelinecard is a new consumer bulk buying petrol consortium which promises to save drivers 5-10p a litre by using people power as a negotiation tool.

All you have to do is register your interest and once up and running it should deliver a free fuel discount card. It claims to already have a deal in place with one oil company, providing 100,000 consumers signed up, a number which has just been met.

Will it work? Possibly. Is it worth joining? Definitely, it's free to join and you've lost nothing if it doesn't take off.

www.PipelineCard.org

Originally posted by sb5spa
    A possible way to cut the cost of petrol by 5p/10p litre

Car feed is expensive but there's a new scheme which could save you bags of cash over a year, part of my petrol cost cutting system. Pipelinecard is a new consumer bulk buying petrol consortium which promises to save drivers 5-10p a litre by using people power as a negotiation tool.

All you have to do is register your interest and once up and running it should deliver a free fuel discount card. It claims to already have a deal in place with one oil company, providing 100,000 consumers signed up, a number which has just been met.

Will it work? Possibly. Is it worth joining? Definitely, it's free to join and you've lost nothing if it doesn't take off.

www.PipelineCard.org
    I registered for this scheme many months ago on the basis it was a bloody excellent idea.

So far, all I have received are emails with excuses about why its taking so long to get the idea launched .....and trying to sell other "related" products

Comment

Originally posted by eternalnomad
      I registered for this scheme many months ago on the basis it was a bloody excellent idea.

So far, all I have received are emails with excuses about why its taking so long to get the idea launched .....and trying to sell other "related" products
      Have had a couple of mates register but failed to meet anyone who's actually used it/received the card.

Comment

My guess it is a scam to create a mailing list they can sell.

Comment

Load of balls. The margin on fuel is pennies per litre so there's no way you could discount by 5/10p. If you could, Tescos would be bashing it out at those costs rather than just a couple of pence cheaper.

It's an excellent way of putting together a mailing list of proven gullible people though.
          Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W
            Load of balls. The margin on fuel is pennies per litre so there's no way you could discount by 5/10p. If you could, Tescos would be bashing it out at those costs rather than just a couple of pence cheaper.

It's an excellent way of putting together a mailing list of proven gullible people though.
            5/10p is around the figure major fleet users would negotiate with petrol retailers.

If the volume is high enough they will be able to secure these prices (assuming the price stays as high as it currently is)

Comment

Petrol is too cheap. Too many chavs on the road.

Stick it up to £10/litre that's what I say.

Comment

Pipeline was set up by motorist and car enthusiast Ben Scammell
                Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

I fail to see how this gives purchasing power, I mean when you've clubbed together and agreed to buy 100,000 gallons where the f** are you going to store it, and if this is just a promise to buy from a specific oil company, why should they care about a couple of thousand consumers when you have 40 million out there.

Sounds like an absolutely stupid idea to me.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Many moons ago the company I worked for had a fule card for each of it's company cars. The price paid per Gallon was a fixed negotiated price. The price was renegotiated regulary. (maybe you can still do this)

Clearly there was a risk on either party re the frcourt price going up / down but thats what happened.
                    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Working...
                    X