• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tax evasion/avoidance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax evasion/avoidance

Does your overseas employer pay you as lots of money?

I would consider to work via oDesk and withdrawing cash via Payoneer card. oDesk does not report to any taxation authorities except US one

Originally posted by dimazigel View Post
    Does your overseas employer pay you as lots of money?

I would consider to work via oDesk and withdrawing cash via Payoneer card. oDesk does not report to any taxation authorities except US one
    Now there's a good idea. Let's promote tax evasion as good business practice. Or do you think the IRS doesn't talk to HMRC about payments to UK nationals?
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

oDesk take a fee, and they still pay the money into your bank account. I think someone might notice!
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        oDesk take a fee, and they still pay the money into your bank account. I think someone might notice!
        Fee is 10% which less that UK taxes.
        You can choose how to withdraw money. You can withdraw via Payoneer prepaid Mastercard issued by one of the banks located in Bahamas

Disclaimer. I did not use this service.
        I think would not bother about IR35 if your client is located overseas and if money amount is not too big I would withdraw cash via Payoneer prepaid card

Comment

Fee is 10% which less that UK taxes.
          You can choose how to withdraw money. You can withdraw via Payoneer prepaid Mastercard issued by one of the banks located in Bahamas

Disclaimer. I did not use this service.
          I think would not bother about IR35 if your client is located overseas and if money amount is not too big I would withdraw cash via Payoneer prepaid card
          So which bit of "Tax Evasion" and "Jail" do you not understand?
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            So which bit of "Tax Evasion" and "Jail" do you not understand?
            Come on, man. All this forum is about tax evasion. We are all hidden employees. In Australia for instance there is a PSI test, similar to IR35. Their law clearly says. If more than 80% of your company income is from the single client during a year you are hidden employee, that's it. HMRC just plays with us like with immature toddlers, just because no one in the government said: "Get them!!!"

Likely, I'm not a UK citizen. If anything happen like IR35 to me I'll immediately pack my belongings and take the first flight back home. You can't believe, but I was told a story by one UK citizen contractor that 10 years ago he had colleagues from Australia who transferred all the company's money to Australia after 2 years working in UK and moved back without paying any taxes at all.
            Last edited by dimazigel; 22 December 2011, 11:30.

Comment

Common, man. All this forum is about tax evasion. We are all hidden employees. In Australia for instance there is a PSI test, similar to IR35. Their law clearly says. If more than 80% of your company income is from the single client during a year you are hidden employee, that's it. HMRC just plays with us like with immature toddlers, just because no one in the government said: "Get them!!!"

Likely, I'm not a UK citizen. If anything happen like IR35 to me I'll immediately pack my belongings and take the first flight back home. You can't believe, but I was told a story by one UK citizen contractor that 10 years ago he had colleagues from Australia who transferred all the company's money to Australia after 2 years working in UK and moved back without paying any taxes at all.
              Come on (sic) man youself. It's about avoidance, not evasion. And because of your friend's shenanigans with UK tax law, we have to put up with IR35 and all the other bollocks that HMRC have saddled us with over the years. Including taxation treaties with Ozland that means your mate can still be prosecuted for UK taxes.

When you actually know what you're talking about, feel free to contribute. Otherwise I should keep your head down: you never know who's reading these boards...
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Thanks for correcting me. English is not my native language.
                No matter how would you call this avoidance or evasion, the essence is the same and clear: How not to pay tax. I don't see any difference in your words.
                And of course I think investigators from HMRC are reading this forum to see what these bloody contractors came up with this time. We are all not in the jail yet just because people in the government are not full idiots to command to HMRC "Get them!!!" and ruin all the IT industry in UK
                Last edited by dimazigel; 22 December 2011, 11:44.

Comment

Thanks for correcting me. English is not my native language.
                  Clearly

No matter how would you call this avoidance or evasion, the essence is the same and clear: How not to pay tax. I don't see any difference in your words.
                  OK. Avoidance is legal, evasion is illegal. You go to jail for evasion.

And of course I think investigators from HMRC are reading this forum to see what these bloody contractors came up with this time. We are all not in the jail yet just because people in the government are not full idiots to command to HMRC "Get them!!!" and ruin all the IT industry in UK
                  I wouldn't be so sure about that. This is the government that's allowing 30,000 UK jobs a year to go overseas after all. And some of the legislation is just plain vindictive - go read the BN66 thread.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                    Clearly
                    OK. Avoidance is legal, evasion is illegal. You go to jail for evasion.
                    Avoidance is legal until judge said that you did not have rights to deduct this or that as an expense and called it as an evasion. We are all kind of legal until judge made a decision about you personally.
                    There is a Russian saying(I found a translation): Don't count out of prison cell, a begging bowl may come as well (or shorter never say never).

So my thought is contracting is a risky business but it make sense because of the money you can get
                    Last edited by dimazigel; 22 December 2011, 12:20.

Comment

Working...
                    X