• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour tips

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labour tips

Where else would I turn for advice on this topic but good old CUK

SY02 was due to give birth yesterday, and is still sat here with not a hint of things getting into action

Normally (the previous 3 pregnancies as examples) she runs to term + 12 which is the maximum allowed by the L&D hospital

Having previously tried
    • Fnar fnar
    • Hot curries
    • Brisk walks
    • Speed bumps
    • Raspberry leaf tea (for weeks and weeks prior)
    • Shouting boo behind her when she is not expecting it

Anyone got any tips on how to shift SY06 out without SY02 having to undergo the rather nasty business that is inducement? Also it would help SY01 enjoy his hogmannay festivities with more aplomb safe in the knowledge that I don't have to dart off to hospital at a moments notice, but this is clearly a secondary win to the forementioned

TIA
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

May I suggest a mask?

You see the reason these kids are shy are their dad. Your down there looking up at the missus's growler and those poor old kids are looking down and all they can see is your chocolate covered gurning mug. No wonder they're hanging on for dear life! They're feeling like Hansel(or Gretel).

Try wearing a friendly mask like Jim'll Fix It or Warwick Davies. It'll be out in a shot.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Have you tried a centrifuge?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        Have you tried a centrifuge?
        Quite happy with the missus to be honest

Although it can be uncomfortable if she has a coughing fit, a bit like being stuck in a milking machine, I'd imagine

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          May I suggest a mask?

You see the reason these kids are shy are their dad. Your down there looking up at the missus's growler and those poor old kids are looking down and all they can see is your chocolate covered gurning mug. No wonder they're hanging on for dear life! They're feeling like Hansel(or Gretel).

Try wearing a friendly mask like Jim'll Fix It or Warwick Davies. It'll be out in a shot.

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

You could try breaking her waters with a crochet hook. Make sure you wear a plastic apron.

HTH.

Comment

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 8 June 2022, 17:48.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                You could try breaking her waters with a crochet hook. Make sure you wear a plastic apron.

HTH.
                Vera, Vera, is that you??

Comment

SuitYou, Pineapple definitely works. I mean you need to eat the thing not try something else with it.

Feed curry with lots of turmeric. Deffo works.

Fenugreek seeds work, just immerse in water and eat the thing.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                    SuitYou, Pineapple definitely works. I mean you need to eat the thing not try something else with it.

Feed curry with lots of turmeric. Deffo works.

Fenugreek seeds work, just immerse in water and eat the thing.
                    He he you just reminded me, during the waiting for SY05 I made SY02 eat 2 whole pineapples

She had the galloping wosnames but nothing else

Comment

Working...
                    X