• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone meet someone interesting over Christmas?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone meet someone interesting over Christmas?

I met a friend of my sister's family, a brigadier in the SAS apparently.

Was dying to ask him if he could get hold of a P(Y) code enabled GPS receiver for me, but bottled it.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Met a fine young IT fellow. When he found out I was special forces(TA) he was dying to ask me for some kit, but he bottled it. If he gets his nerve back, I'll let him play conkers with his son with OBL dried up testicles

-Menelaus
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      -Menelaus

Don't say his name three times!

Comment

Visiting friends and got talking to physicist in a pub yesterday in Cambridge who explained e=mc2 better than the book did on Xmas Day.

Comment

Yes I did. Two as it happens.

My cousin Saul is rinsing out Elizabeth Adare who played Elisabeth in ITV's The Tomorrow People.

Saul is in advertising and that ever so funny Juan Sheet kitchen roll ad is his brainchild.

Comment

Was down in Cornwall, on the way to St Ives when I pulled over at the services. Met a lovely American fella in a big people carrier rammed with young women. We got chatting about religion, Mormon. Lovely fella.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Met some dude on Christmas Eve who said he'd be dead by Christmas day. He said not to worry as he would 'resurrect' by New Year. Really, the tripe people come out with when they've had a drink or two...
              nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
                Met some dude on Christmas Eve who said he'd be dead by Christmas day. He said not to worry as he would 'resurrect' by New Year. Really, the tripe people come out with when they've had a drink or two...
                You think David Icke needs a drink (to come out with his stories)?
                Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Christmas Eve down t'pub, weird guy red suit, said he was working the night shift.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    Christmas Eve down t'pub, weird guy red suit, said he was working the night shift.
                    Yeah I met him. Jolly fellow but he wouldnt get a round in. He came round to ours, ate all the mice pies, necked the sherry then vamoosed up the chimney with my scalextric

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X