• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Year

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Year

In traditional Scottish fashion I will be partying for three days starting Friday.

What're y'all up to?
    Me, me, me...

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    In traditional Scottish fashion I will be partying for three days starting Friday. What're y'all up to?
    Good.

The rest of the forum will be fighting for coveted title of "Last post of the year"

Comment

I will be going to deepest, darkest, greenest Bucks, quaffing copious amounts of Cristal and Margaux, chunks of fresh foie gras, succulent lobster, baskets of fresh oysters and getting more than friendly with the best of breed of Buckinghamshire's finest filly.

Then I'll wake up in 2012 with a crusty sock puppet nestled tightly on the todger, a sense of embarrassment, déjà vu all over again and another reality check.

Bastards...
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        In traditional Scottish fashion I will be partying for three days starting Friday.

What're y'all up to?
        Any excuse for scots to get drunk eh?

Comment

I will be driving up to Rivington with the missus. She will have a flask of hot toddy and I will have my binos.

At midnight the fireworks will go up in Bolton, in the distance will be Manchester and through the binos, Liverpool.

I will see if I can get a vid for youse guys

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

I will be driving up to Rivington with the missus. ...
            Some of my ancestors came from there. If you get a chance, can you check out a few gravestones for me?

The Harrying of the North ended at the River Ribble, and my forbears took full advantage of that.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
              Any excuse for scots to get drunk eh?
              What's your excuse for posting pish?
              Me, me, me...

Comment

I am flying up to Glasgow on Friday where I intend to be in a drunken stupor until I fly back down to Heathrow on Monday night
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Finish work sometime tomorrow afternoon and drive home. Pack my bags for Friday and get a train to Hamburg where I shall be partying until Tuesday. Sadly Frau D. (and another couple) are coming with me so I can't do any really naughty stuff although there is a road in Hamburg where women aren't allowed so I could just 'accidentally' get lost...
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    I will be driving up to Rivington with the missus. She will have a flask of hot toddy and I will have my binos.
                    Ahh, Rivvy! You going up to the Pike? Tis said you can see five Kingdoms from up there on a (rare) clear day;

England
                    Wales
                    Scotland
                    Ireland
                    Isle of Man

Personally I think it's bollocks, you're lucky if you can see Horwich...

Come to think of it there's no way to see Ireland or Scotland either, surely too far. The things you get told as kids and just believe, like my dad told me the long planted traffic islands around Bolton Town Hall are giant's graves and spaghetti is made of worms.

Comment

Working...
                    X