• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheater dies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheater dies

Cheeta the star of the 1930s Tarzan movies dies aged 80 after outliving both of his co-stars | Mail Online

80 would be a ripe old record breaking old age for a chimp, but sadly the Daily Mail makes no mention of the fact that this chimp likely never appeared in any Tarzan film at all and was only about 50.

Cheeta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Cheeta, a male chimpanzee born about 1960, formerly owned by Tony Gentry and now residing at the C.H.E.E.T.A. Primate Sanctuary (Creative Habitats and Enrichment for Endangered and Threatened Apes) in Palm Springs, California. Claimed by Gentry to have been born in 1932 or later in the 1930s and to have portrayed Cheeta in most of the Johnny Weismuller and Lex Barker Tarzan films, and for that reason long celebrated as the longest-lived chimpanzee. Both claims were debunked by journalist R. D. Rosen in 2008 in an article that settled the animal's true age and established that he had not appeared in any movies, let alone in the role of Cheeta.[1] Cheeta died in Palm Harbor, Florida, of kidney failure on December 24, 2011.[24]
    They also don't mention that many different chimps were used in the films

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Cheeta the star of the 1930s Tarzan movies dies aged 80 after outliving both of his co-stars | Mail Online

80 would be a ripe old record breaking old age for a chimp, but sadly the Daily Mail makes no mention of the fact that this chimp likely never appeared in any Tarzan film at all and was only about 50.

They also don't mention that many different chimps were used in the films
    Was that the ape that had the heart attack last year and had the stent inserted ?

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      Was that the ape that had the heart attack last year and had the stent inserted ?

No idea.

Comment

No idea.
        i got a piccie

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)

Comment

Is this chimp contemplating the mysteries of the universe or pondering whether to throw his poop at someone?

Comment

Is this chimp contemplating the mysteries of the universe or pondering whether to throw his poop at someone?
            the wisdom of Socrates, or an itchy @rse
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

For a moment I thought that this guy had finally been finished off:

Coffee's for closers

Comment

I read his autobigoraphy. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Me-Cheeta-Au...5070951&sr=1-2

It was a gem.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

One of the perils of quoting Wikipedia is that it's edited by the general public, and they're morons. The chimp in the paragraph you quote is not the chimp that just died; you'll note that at the start of the paragraph he's living in California, yet by the end he's in Florida. Two different chimps, one imbecile ******* things up editing Wikipedia.

The BBC makes it clear that they are two different chimps. In fact, since you quoted it, Wikipedia has been fixed and now has the correct one recorded as dying.

Whatever the true facts, nonetheless a sad day

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    One of the perils of quoting Wikipedia is that it's edited by the general public, and they're morons. The chimp in the paragraph you quote is not the chimp that just died; you'll note that at the start of the paragraph he's living in California, yet by the end he's in Florida. Two different chimps, one imbecile ******* things up editing Wikipedia.

The BBC makes it clear that they are two different chimps. In fact, since you quoted it, Wikipedia has been fixed and now has the correct one recorded as dying.

Whatever the true facts, nonetheless a sad day
                    phew. glad to see you're ok and still posting nick.

I like the idea of chimps in tarzan movies having stunt doubles and body doubles for the close ups

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                    X