• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Out of contract - income needed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of contract - income needed

Last contract finished mid-December. Any practical advise on how to bring in some income from alternative sources? Was thinking of getting a cabbie - anyone done any taxi driving?

Originally posted by Shivers View Post
    Last contract finished mid-December. Any practical advise on how to bring in some income from alternative sources? Was thinking of getting a cabbie - anyone done any taxi driving?
    New years eve would be good. All you need is a bit of cardboard with 'TAXI' written on it in black gem marker

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Just pay yourself from your warchest like any normal contractor and then get another contract.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I did it for three weeks in 1994 after taking redundancy from the Civil Service. Lost more than I made, got charged TWICE by the cops for sounding my horn while stationary, three vomits on the back seat and car impounded in a drugs investigation when the car got surrounded by three CID cars, the occupants, myself included thrown on the ground and held there by cops while they searched the car. Hint, know who the local drug dealers are before getting into the taxi business.

Take MF's advice. Find another contract. If you can't, sack yourself as an employee and go on the dole.
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

shivers that makes me shiver

new years resolution for you: build up the war chest

Milan.

Comment

A buddy of mine did meter-reading - money not great but lots scope for fiddling the old expenses.

Comment

Why not try this when between contracts

HTH
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Have you tried selling semen? You could make money hand over fist that way
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Have you tried selling semen? You could make money hand over fist that way
                  Yeah but I believe if the little fellas are floating on top upside down then it's no good.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Back in the 90s I did motorbike dispatch riding in the City for a couple of months - this turned out ot be my only void period in many years of contracting.
                    Money was OK about £600 a week as I recall - kept the wolf from the door and stopped me dipping into warchest
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X