• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Laurel and Hardy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laurel and Hardy

Always used to love watching these as a kid over the Christmas period.

BBC doesn't seem to show 'em any more. Too un-pc or not youth oriented enough I guess.

So I've downloaded some. Tonight's offering was Blockheads. Just so so funny. Timeless humour - tears running down my cheeks.

James Finlayson in fine form too.

They never repeat 'It aint half hot mum' either, shame, Battery Sgt Williams reminds me of my dear old granddad.

There's lovely.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I've got the complete collection on DVD.

Though haven't checked if it's a censored version like they've done to Tom and Jerry and Only Fools and Horses.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        They never repeat 'It aint half hot mum' either, shame, Battery Sgt Mjr Williams reminds me of my dear old granddad.

There's lovely.
        FTFY
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Laurel and Hardy along with Charlie Chaplin were black listed as communist sympathises
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            Laurel and Hardy along with Charlie Chaplin were black listed as communist sympathises
            Surprising really, considering how much Chaplin looked like Hitler. You never used to see them together.

I preferred Harold Lloyd.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post

I've got the complete collection on DVD. ...
              Me too - I bought a 200-DVD Laurel and Hardy collection at a ridiculous knock-down price of about £20 when Virgin Megastores were closing its High St Kensington branch (and all their others in the UK and US I believe) early last year.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

More of a Millgan man myself! Got bits of Q from p2p but a lot missing..

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

More of a Millgan man myself! Got bits of Q from p2p but a lot missing..
                  Must say I never found Spike Milligan the slightest bit funny. He always looked so sad, and it was obvious he had mental issues.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    Must say I never found Spike Milligan the slightest bit funny. He always looked so sad, and it was obvious he had mental issues.
                    He did come out with a lot of crap as he got older, but in amongst that he still had his moments.

And his war memoirs were funny.

Comment

Working...
                    X