• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dental negligence claim

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dental negligence claim

Anyone claimed against a dentist for negligence ?

I'm in two minds about doing it as I've always been against a compo culture but I recon in my case it may have been negligence. Tooth ache kicked in over Xmas ended up needing 1k of treatment as couldnt find any nhs places to take me on and my own dentist closed till new year. The tooth in question had a filling place by this dentist a few years back Ive always gone for my 6 mth checkup, last check up was 3.5 months ago. In pain over xmas bad decay was found under the filling, the emergency dentist I saw said to get to that state it would of taken min a year. The last checkup I had the dentist was more concerned with training his new dental nurse, if problem spotted earlier at last checkup I could of possibly avoided the root canal and crown and just had a bigger filling.

Based on the details would you make a claim or just suck it up ?
    Last edited by Bumfluff; 29 December 2011, 23:12.

Worth investigating, but generally negligence claims over medical treatment take ages.

the dental law partnership - solicitors

I would think you need to talk to your dentist first about putting things right before going legal though...
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Unless they had taken X rays of the relevant area I'd say your chances were nil, on the grounds that the condition was undetectable.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
      X