• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Am I the only one spending this week doing some decorationg?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I the only one spending this week doing some decorationg?

Please, anyone, throw me a lifeline here and tell me that you are sharing the misery known as Decorating this week.

Just done the bathroom ceiling - four damn times before it finally covered the old stuff! Why, oh why, did I chose to go back to White...?

Still, looks pretty bright now.
    nomadd liked this post

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    Please, anyone, throw me a lifeline here and tell me that you are sharing the misery known as Decorating this week.

Just done the bathroom ceiling - four damn times before it finally covered the old stuff! Why, oh why, did I chose to go back to White...?

Still, looks pretty bright now.
    everyone else has paid someone to do it

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
      everyone else has paid someone to do it
      WFS

My decorator charges £120 per day. My time is worth more.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Not this week but missus nagged me into spending week before xmas decorating downstairs bog, visitors and that.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

WFS

My decorator charges £1200 per hour. My time is worth more.

DimPrawn

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            WFS

My decorator charges £120 per day. My time is worth more.
            Only because he works 3X faster than you.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

My decorator charges £1200 per hour. My time is worth more.
              I'm not paying some other bastard even if they charged £12 an hour. I could get 12.367321825540374668014704745651 items at the 99p shop for that!
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Actually, I've redone my study this week. It needed doing as I WHF a lot and it hasn't been tarted up for about 5 years and my client was on skeleton staff over the holiday period. Also, I find it strangely theraputic..

So, ceiling and walls painted, new carpet laid (went for carpet tiles this time as they are more practical), then to satisfy the techic in me, built a NAS box (so I can get rid of several DAS drives) and relocated it to the garage (detached) so that in the event of a minor disaster (flooding/theft) I have a copy of all my data external to the house.

Also put up another shelf for storage, so now have 3 x 3m shelves along one wall...

My arms ache but I think I can still lift a pint ok so sorted for tonight...

Happy New Year everyone!
                Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post

Please, anyone, throw me a lifeline here and tell me that you are sharing the misery known as Decorating this week. ..
                  I'm feeling pleased with myself for biting the bullet and fixing a bathroom light switch that had been only semi working for weeks.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

You know I laughed at this thread in a christmas chear kind of way thinking 'who would ever get roped domestic chores' when I read it first off.

Little did I know I would be changing a cealing light fitting today on what I now know to be gravity defying 100 year old powdered plaster.

I am not a man easily taken to swearing but if I ever find that ******* electrician who put the last light in he had better ******* hope he can get that microcosm of ****** wire he left me to work with out his arse after I ****** ram it up there.

</rant over>.

Comment

Working...
                    X