• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

250000 people to watch fireworks on the south bank

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

250000 people to watch fireworks on the south bank

I just don't get it. Why go at all? You can't get a pint, can't have a slash, and can't get home. Why would you bother?
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    I just don't get it. Why go at all? You can't get a pint, can't have a slash, and can't get home. Why would you bother?
    Woman on telly saying lots of people going up the Oxo tower tonight - booked up since October.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
      Woman on telly saying lots of people going up the Oxo tower tonight - booked up since October.
      Amazing. I always thought it was a spur of the moment thing and you could just pop in.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Amazing. I always thought it was a spur of the moment thing and you could just pop in.
        Happy new year
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          I wouldn't try it - you might find yourself forcefully ejected post haste.

Comment

Jeez - New Year is expensive. Same woman saying it's £135 per head. Maybe NLadyUK's onto something - beats contracting.

Comment

I wouldn't try it - you might find yourself forcefully ejecting post haste.
              You're assuming MF would be the one going up the tower. FTFY - I would think the above more likely in his case?

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

You're assuming MF would be the one going up the tower. FTFY - I would think the above more likely in his case?

He has a night job as a bouncer?

We're talking about restaurant bookings - I do hope you're not trying to lower the tone here.

Comment

He has a night job as a bouncer?

We're talking about restaurant bookings - I do hope you're not trying to lower the tone here.
                  I believe it is MF who this should be addressed to

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I believe it is MF who this should be addressed to
                    I heard youre the one with the loyalty card rupes.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X