• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bus replacement service in operation.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bus replacement service in operation.

BBC News - Time lapse footage released of Reading Cow Lane bridge

Time-lapse footage of a seven-hour operation to put a new 1,600-tonne bridge in place in Reading has been released by Network Rail.

I'm impressed - they really did all that in 7 hours? Must admit when I see 'engineering works' I picture men sitting around drinking tea, and maybe squirting a bit of WD40 on the points.

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    BBC News - Time lapse footage released of Reading Cow Lane bridge

Time-lapse footage of a seven-hour operation to put a new 1,600-tonne bridge in place in Reading has been released by Network Rail.

I'm impressed - they really did all that in 7 hours? Must admit when I see 'engineering works' I picture men sitting around drinking tea, and maybe squirting a bit of WD40 on the points.
    Just going by the light, it looks more like it took at least 3 days. Maybe they're referring to the part where they move the actual bridge into place, not the full video.

Comment

Working...
    X