• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pastoral Care

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pastoral Care

As a contractor would you expect your line manager to provide Pastoral care?

Would it make a difference if your line manager was also a contractor or not?

No. Now go and grow up.
    World's Best Martini

Comment

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
      No. Now go and grow up.
      Fair enough.

So, if for example, you collapsed at work, you would expect me as your line manager to just step over your collapsed, in the way body, or contact your nearest and dearest to let them know? maybe contact the emergency servicers too?

Comment

Originally posted by DAG View Post

Would it make a difference if your line manager was also a contractor or not?
        To me it makes no difference whether my "line-manager" is a contractor or not.

What sort of "pastoral" care are you looking for other than someone to sign your timesheets, notify of your inability to attend the site and where the coffee-machine, bogs are etc.?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          To me it makes no difference whether my "line-manager" is a contractor or not.

What sort of "pastoral" care are you looking for other than someone to sign your timesheets, notify of your inability to attend the site and where the coffee-machine, bogs are etc.?
          Pretty much that .....

Plus the usual emergency / absence / performance stuff

Oh and providing not looking for ......

Comment

Pretty much that .....

Plus the usual emergency / absence / performance stuff

Oh and providing not looking for ......
            Ok, now you're talking.

Ask your line manager what they're expecting you to cover, that way you don't step on anyone's toes.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Ok, now you're talking.

Ask your line manager what they're expecting you to cover, that way you don't step on anyone's toes.
              That's a pretty good idea, ta

Comment

I'd like to think I am competent enough to look after my own Fruit Pastilles
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Pastoral care? Is he a priest or something?!

Seriously, I'm confused by the question. How does religion relate to work?
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    Pastoral care? Is he a priest or something?!

Seriously, I'm confused by the question. How does religion relate to work?
                    You interpret some vague text to back up whatever misguided view point you are trying to get others to believe in, oh no sorry that's ITIL
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X