PDA

View Full Version : Pastoral Care

DAG
3rd January 2012, 10:54
As a contractor would you expect your line manager to provide Pastoral care?

Would it make a difference if your line manager was also a contractor or not?

v8gaz
3rd January 2012, 10:56
No. Now go and grow up.

DAG
3rd January 2012, 10:59
No. Now go and grow up.

Fair enough.

So, if for example, you collapsed at work, you would expect me as your line manager to just step over your collapsed, in the way body, or contact your nearest and dearest to let them know? maybe contact the emergency servicers too?

Churchill
3rd January 2012, 11:02

Would it make a difference if your line manager was also a contractor or not?

To me it makes no difference whether my "line-manager" is a contractor or not.

What sort of "pastoral" care are you looking for other than someone to sign your timesheets, notify of your inability to attend the site and where the coffee-machine, bogs are etc.?

DAG
3rd January 2012, 11:12
To me it makes no difference whether my "line-manager" is a contractor or not.

What sort of "pastoral" care are you looking for other than someone to sign your timesheets, notify of your inability to attend the site and where the coffee-machine, bogs are etc.?

Pretty much that .....

Plus the usual emergency / absence / performance stuff

Oh and providing not looking for ......

Churchill
3rd January 2012, 11:14
Pretty much that .....

Plus the usual emergency / absence / performance stuff

Oh and providing not looking for ......

Ok, now you're talking.

Ask your line manager what they're expecting you to cover, that way you don't step on anyone's toes.

DAG
3rd January 2012, 11:16
Ok, now you're talking.

Ask your line manager what they're expecting you to cover, that way you don't step on anyone's toes.

That's a pretty good idea, ta

SimonMac
3rd January 2012, 11:23
I'd like to think I am competent enough to look after my own Fruit Pastilles

OwlHoot
3rd January 2012, 11:25

Pastoral care? Is he a priest or something?!

Seriously, I'm confused by the question. How does religion relate to work? :confused:

SimonMac
3rd January 2012, 11:28

Seriously, I'm confused by the question. How does religion relate to work? :confused:

You interpret some vague text to back up whatever misguided view point you are trying to get others to believe in, oh no sorry that's ITIL

d000hg
3rd January 2012, 11:54

Seriously, I'm confused by the question. How does religion relate to work? :confused:Pastoral duties are the none-religious parts of being a priest, i.e. generally looking after people... hence the word is usable in the wider context, i.e. my wife has pastoral groups at school.

OwlHoot
3rd January 2012, 11:56
I'm guessing it means personal mentoring, in a secular sense, and in that case for a contractor the answer is an emphatic no!

DAG
3rd January 2012, 12:01
Pastoral duties are the none-religious parts of being a priest, i.e. generally looking after people... hence the word is usable in the wider context, i.e. my wife has pastoral groups at school.

Spot on !