• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best approach to get prenuptial agreement signed before marriage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't think of anything better than asking lawyers from side A to talk to lawyers on side B?

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Can't think of anything better than asking lawyers from side A to talk to lawyers on side B?
    You'll be ok AtW. The one with the smallest willy usually gets everything

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I asked on the forums about these and I was informed that they were next to worthless in the eyes of UK law.

You can get married then divorce 3 months down the line and she is entitled to 50% of your wealth and 30-40% of your income for what may seem like forever.

Comment

What exactly do you mean ? Your thread title makes no sense, "pre" nup is exactly that, something you sign before marraige, it cannot be done after marriage.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
          What exactly do you mean?
          What I mean is that how to approach this question in the first place without getting marriage cancelled!

It should have been compulsory so that awkward questions need not be raised

Comment

Be very rich.

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
              I asked on the forums about these and I was informed that they were next to worthless in the eyes of UK law.

You can get married then divorce 3 months down the line and she is entitled to 50% of your wealth and 30-40% of your income for what may seem like forever.
              Wrong. You just need to be smarter than her Solicitor.

Comment

Firstly it helps if you both have a list of assets.

Comment

What I mean is that how to approach this question in the first place without getting marriage cancelled!

ATW. When you went through the sign up process with the Find Me A Foreign Bride agency you needed to tick the Pre-nup box at the end, next to the 'no advertising' box.

Hth

MF
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Since it's not enforceable here, save your (fictional) relationship the trouble caused by asking.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X