PDA

View Full Version : Endeavour.

zeitghost
3rd January 2012, 12:15
Rather enjoyed that.

Made up for the unmitigated dross that was served up over Xmas.

Turns out that John Thaw's daughter appeared as the newpaper editor lady.

MarillionFan
3rd January 2012, 12:38
Not my sort of thing. Was looking forward to Sherlock and Doctor who as the highlights. Doctor Who was pretty pants, still have to watch Sherlock.

Doggy Styles
3rd January 2012, 14:34
Not my sort of thing. Was looking forward to Sherlock and Doctor who as the highlights. Doctor Who was pretty pants, still have to watch Sherlock.Me too. Endeavour was all right though.

I agree that Dr Who was poor (mostly because of all the blatant political messages) but Sherlock was entertaining.

Zippy
3rd January 2012, 16:12
I liked Endeavour and hope they make a few more.

Doctor Who was :shit:e (as it has been for quite a while).

Doggy Styles
3rd January 2012, 16:18
Turns out that John Thaw's daughter appeared as the newpaper editor lady.Ah, Mrs Styles wondered if she was related.

Zippy
3rd January 2012, 16:26
Turns out that John Thaw's daughter appeared as the newpaper editor lady.

Ahhh. We wondered too.

TheFaQQer
3rd January 2012, 16:30
Endeavour didn't appeal to me, much. There aren't many prequels that do, to be honest - I'd just find myself thinking "ooh, isn't that odd that he doesn't like telling people his first name, likes a pint, and listens to opera. I wonder if he'll be like that when he gets older...."

Plus part of the appeal of Morse was wondering what his first name was. It's a bit of a clue in this one.

TheFaQQer
3rd January 2012, 16:33
Doctor Who was shite (as it has been for quite a while).

The series is now trying to by too clever by half (with Christopher Eccleston, it was quite clever how they put the "Bad Wolf" thing in everywhere, but you didn't realize it until the series finale, whereas now it's always got some hidden link). Far too twisty-turny Stephen Moffaty for me, now.

That said, I'll be sad when Amy leaves this season.

Didn't rate the Christmas one at all.

EternalOptimist
3rd January 2012, 17:56
I quite liked treasure island on NYD. Fair takes me back to me yoof

MarillionFan
4th January 2012, 09:38
The series is now trying to by too clever by half (with Christopher Eccleston, it was quite clever how they put the "Bad Wolf" thing in everywhere, but you didn't realize it until the series finale, whereas now it's always got some hidden link). Far too twisty-turny Stephen Moffaty for me, now.

That said, I'll be sad when Amy leaves this season.

Didn't rate the Christmas one at all.

Watched Sherlock last night and would agree with that quote for Moffat.

Very disjointed and trying to be far too clever. Bit like Dimprawn.