• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boycott Ryanair, Guiness etc!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boycott Ryanair, Guiness etc!!

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/060506/2/jc6v.html

BERLIN (Reuters) - Irish low-cost airline Ryanair could offer free tickets for each goal scored in the World Cup against England, the company's outspoken chief executive Michael O'Leary has told a German newspaper.

"That's something we can envision doing," O'Leary, an Irishman with a flair for publicity and known fondness for soccer and rugby, told weekly Welt am Sonntag.
    "100,000 tickets for each goal against England or something like that."

If he proceeds with the plan, O'Leary will have to hope that British passengers, who are responsible for a big portion of Ryanair's revenues, do not abandon the airline. Ireland did not qualify for the World Cup, which starts in Germany on June 9.

I do hope this blows up in his face...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak
      I do hope this blows up in his face...
      There have been enough digs at the Irish and others over the years from English football fans ..if you can't take it don't dish it out.

I'll always remember them complaining about the Irish team in the Italian World Cup having no Irishmen in it and it turned out the English squad of about 24 that about 15 of them were either not born in England or did not have English parents. The Irish team however had over half its team born in Ireland and all of them had Irish parents. That taunt has never been repeated since.

I think it would be rather sad if this was blown out of proportion bearing in mind that a lot of Irish people will probably support England and that most of England supported Ireland in USA when England didn't qualify. I suspect the whole thing was just a passing comment and the press are trying to make a story.

Having been invited to the English game in Frankfurt I already know that the English fans are planning to meet at O'Neills Bar - says it all really.

Comment

I probably didn't make myself clear, I don't mind the digs - merely that I find this guy deeply unpleasant, with a "feck you if you're stupid enough to deal with me" attitude to his employees and customers.

As the Times has said - if Easyjet is the Ford Focus of airlines, Ryanair is the Trabant...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Well if they offered free tickets for travel on Friday night and Sunday night then this might actually be worth something.

However, seeing as you most likely wont be able to travel on weekends, public holidays, Fridays, Sundays and Mondays then you are still stuck in the same position as before

Mailman

Comment

We shouldn't forget that seeing as this is Ryanair the 'lucky' winners will likely be flown to some dusty old runway miles from any of the games. Hehe...
            Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon
              We shouldn't forget that seeing as this is Ryanair the 'lucky' winners will likely be flown to some dusty old runway miles from any of the games. Hehe...
              The accompanying terminal building being no bigger than a chicken shed (and with fewer facilities..)
              "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

Working...
              X