• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for Chico

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for Chico

This has probably been asked before but my eyes usually glaze over at "Does God Exist" threads.

Anyway, what do you think about the theories espoused in the story "Da Vinci Code"? Is the Catholic church a load of old b0llocks after all?

I don't think you need the Da Vinci Code to realise that !

Comment

Originally posted by foritisme
      I don't think you need the Da Vinci Code to realise that !
      Well, the theory doesn't necessarily knock Christianity on the head, just various interpretations of it, particularly the Roman Catholics. I was wondering what a non-Catholic Christian makes of it.

Comment

The Da Vinci Code is a work of fiction. Grow up!

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
          This has probably been asked before but my eyes usually glaze over at "Does God Exist" threads.

Anyway, what do you think about the theories espoused in the story "Da Vinci Code"? Is the Catholic church a load of old b0llocks after all?
          I have not read the Da Vinci Code - that type of fiction does not appeal to me. There are acres of ripostes, rebuttals, refutations etc about it so I will not get into that. As regards the Catholic Church like any human institution it is fallible. The Bible concept of the church is followers of Jesus (irrespective of denominations) who worship God in spirit and in truth. John 4.23
          Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
            I have not read the Da Vinci Code - that type of fiction does not appeal to me. There are acres of ripostes, rebuttals, refutations etc about it so I will not get into that.
            Have you burned it already?
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
              The Da Vinci Code is a work of fiction. Grow up!
              If you'd have bothered to read my original question, you'd have noted that I referred not to the story, but to the theories espoused by the book which, as most observers are aware, are based on serious research carried out by many people, famously Michael Baigent and Richard Leigh, who wrote 1982 book The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail. Now, whether one considers the published results of such research to be fact or fiction is a matter for each to decide; I am agnostic on the subject. I am merely asking the views of someone who purports to be a serious Christian.

Comment

Enough publicity for the movie!!!
                Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                    If you'd have bothered to read my original question, you'd have noted that I referred not to the story, but to the theories espoused by the book which, as most observers are aware, are based on serious research carried out by many people, famously Michael Baigent and Richard Leigh, who wrote 1982 book The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail. Now, whether one considers the published results of such research to be fact or fiction is a matter for each to decide; I am agnostic on the subject. I am merely asking the views of someone who purports to be a serious Christian.

Wendigo, I am more agnostic than you
                    I reckon I am the worlds first diagnostic

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X