• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

After the storm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After the storm

24 hours later still no power, road still blocked by fallen trees. The winds brought down a telephone pole so no phone and internet, BT on the ball as usual with fix not scheduled for over a week
    Me, me, me...

It has finally stopped raining down south. And I managed to try out Google Sky Map last night, and it was lucky timing for a break in the clouds as it turned out. Augmented reality works really well and this app gave my Android sensors a nice test, which they passed with flying colours. I was wondering what those two stars were, Castor and Pollux, but couldn't make out the rest of Gemini's stars.

Is your anemometer broken?

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      24 hours later still no power, road still blocked by fallen trees. The winds brought down a telephone pole so no phone and internet, BT on the ball as usual with fix not scheduled for over a week
      I presume you live outside the M25

DA in "feeling smug" mode
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        It has finally stopped raining down south. And I managed to try out Google Sky Map last night, and it was lucky timing for a break in the clouds as it turned out. Augmented reality works really well and this app gave my Android sensors a nice test, which they passed with flying colours. I was wondering what those two stars were, Castor and Pollux, but couldn't make out the rest of Gemini's stars.

Is your anemometer broken?
        The weather station stopped transmitting a week ago, haven't been able to get it back for replacement or repair.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

The weather station stopped transmitting a week ago, haven't been able to get it back for replacement or repair.
          Have you tried rolling the batteries like you have to with the TV remote?

Comment

It's been very windy here, but nothing like as bad as Scotland.
            I had to go on a trek yesterday as our bin blew off down the road. The nerdy neighbours solar panels were making alarming noises and I was half expecting them to be gone this a.m.

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Maybe now that you've put your toe in the water using a cheap weather station there's something on the market more suited to surviving a Scottish winter?

Comment

Lost the top 20 feet off one of the fir trees in our garden, snapped almost cleanly through. Will have to get the bow saw out and climb up about 20 feet to do some tree doctoring.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  Maybe now that you've put your toe in the water using a cheap weather station there's something on the market more suited to surviving a Scottish winter?
                  When I was on St Kilda, we put a new tracking radar on top of mountain. The MOD ordered an American radome because the British ones were nowhere near robust or durable enough for the harsh conditions.
                  So the yanks turned up with 'their goddam fckng-A cksucking mfcker ARCTIC tested radome. Goddam shtkicking Brits need to understand that we got twelve of these mfckers at the goddam north pole'

First storm we had it shredded then blew off into the Atlantic

It's wild up there

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Cliphead have you ever thought of moving to at least 20 miles of the next house?
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X