• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'droid Users

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'droid Users

Well I ditched the iPhone & got the Samsung galaxy s2, nice little handset, so a question for all you droid users out there: would you recommend any app / software for syncing outlook contacts / app management from PC to phone?

Does not have to be a freebee

Best thing about the ‘droid so far: the little green alien smileys in texts

Thanks for any posts help & rep for any that make me larf
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Well I ditched the iPhone & got the Samsung galaxy s2, nice little handset, so a question for all you droid users out there: would you recommend any app / software for syncing outlook contacts / app management from PC to phone?

I synced my iPhone contacts to my Gmail account, then when I set up my 'Droid they all came across with it
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      I synced my iPhone contacts to my Gmail account, then when I set up my 'Droid they all came across with it
      I missed the boat on that one as I only set up a Gmail to gain access to the Android Market Place,

I was looking for something shiny & user friendly; a one stop shop for the management of data, apps & settings
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

CUK Sockie Manager v2.0 gets my vote.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          CUK Sockie Manager v2.0 gets my vote.

HTH
          These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post

Hi Halo

Yah! I've had mine since the summer and love it
            It is the best phone I've ever had and the picture quality is fantastic.
            Oh and it makes phone calls too
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              These aren't the droids you're looking for.
              #TakeABowSon!

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

WHS. Just had to enter a gmail name and, as I already used iGoogle as my desktop home screen, it 'just worked'.

I also installed a free widget called "simple Calendar widget" on my 'smartphone' homescreen that I can see my next few calendar entries. I tend to turn off auto syncing as I don't like things using the battery in the background, so currently just sync manually now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  WHS. Just had to enter a gmail name and, as I already used iGoogle as my desktop home screen, it 'just worked'.

I also installed a free widget called "simple Calendar widget" on my 'smartphone' homescreen that I can see my next few calendar entries. I tend to turn off auto syncing as I don't like things using the battery in the background, so currently just sync manually now and then.
                  My HTC Sensation XE has a build in Widget for Calender, I would temper your enthuisam with the fact that Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) is being rolled out to certain handsets in early 2012 so any configuration you make now to the look and feel might change dramatically when the new OS comes out

Comment

My HTC Sensation XE has a build in Widget for Calender, I would temper your enthuisam with the fact that Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) is being rolled out to certain handsets in early 2012 so any configuration you make now to the look and feel might change dramatically when the new OS comes out
                    Yeah, so did mine, but the calendar widget I mentioned is better IMO (looks nice and allows a lot of configuration settings). I'm still on Froyo on my model - for some reason the US ones sold on Amazon are Gingerbread while the UK ones are still Froyo, and Kies doesn't recommend a firmware update yet. Found a manual on-line for the US version too, but no mention of any manual came with mine, just a little leaflet.

Comment

Working...
                    X