• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mandoline Incident

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mandoline Incident

Anyone else had a run in with one of these? Got one on my birthday & used it for the first time
    New Years Eve. Ended up slicing the top of me finger off preparing onions for the tart tatin & spent half the evening in A&E.

Should have read the instructions first which would have told me to use the safety device. I Wondered what that other bit was for

Is this you?

Saferproducts.gov | Incident Report Details
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

This is a ukelelelelele site only.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Ouch, should have set it to thin slice.

Comment

Do you mean Mandoline McCann?

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
            Anyone else had a run in with one of these? Got one on my birthday & used it for the first time
            New Years Eve. Ended up slicing the top of me finger off preparing onions for the tart tatin & spent half the evening in A&E.

Should have read the instructions first which would have told me to use the safety device. I Wondered what that other bit was for
            Didnt you wonder what the guard was for and why you had a leftover piece?

Ive got one for xmas, so I can cook a few new recipes ....

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Do you mean Mandoline McCann?
            Nahhh, her parents didnt slice her up, just kill her either directly or through neglect. They are the epitome of evil and Id love to see them sliced up ....

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
              Didnt you wonder what the guard was for and why you had a leftover piece?
              Not until it was too late

I had just sunk a bottle of Gerwurtztraminer though.

Comment

Working...
              X