• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Margarine incident

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Margarine incident

I can't believe it's not butter!!!

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I can't believe it's not butter!!!
    Голубой!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      Голубой!
      I said butter, not butt.

Comment

Butter is a PITA. What's the idea of those frozen butter pieces you get in cafes together with a bread roll that has 1/10 the structural integrity of cryogenic butter? You end up with a bread roll husk with a lump or two of butter at the bottom. Ditto when you try to spread it on bread, result: bread 0: butter 1. Margarine seems more fitted to the purpose.

Comment

For those that asked, Голубой - might have spelt it wrong is Russian for 'blue', actually light blue since in Russian there are two different colours with different meanings, light blue and dark blue - galuboy and seniy, to the Reds they are both two different Blues...

But, since the fall of the SU and before, the back ticklers came out and mainly hung around the Sankt Peterburg Light Blue Metro line for some bum fun, probably all dead of AIDS now, or in Russian, SPID. As Zemfira once sang to great shock...

'U tebya SPID (u have AIDS)
          I znachit my umrem...'

'You have AIDS
          I know we (will) die'...

Zemfira is a Goddess.....

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            Butter is a PITA. What's the idea of those frozen butter pieces you get in cafes together with a bread roll that has 1/10 the structural integrity of cryogenic butter? You end up with a bread roll husk with a lump or two of butter at the bottom. Ditto when you try to spread it on bread, result: bread 0: butter 1. Margarine seems more fitted to the purpose.
            Depends what the purpose is. From my point of view margarine is not a food and I see no point in putting it in my mouth.

Butter does not need to be kept cold BTW. It lasts for quite a few days at room temperature, especially away from air and light. Even if you keep it out long enough for it to "go off", that is merely becoming rancid, which may spoil its taste for you but is not harmful (unlike say meat "going off" which is likely to be the growth of food-poisoning bacteria).
            Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Margarine and low fat spreads are bad for you because the hydrogenised and emulsifying process blocks up your arteries and even reacts of the body’s own fat. Natural butter is good for you, it has been around for thousands of years.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                Margarine and low fat spreads are bad for you because the hydrogenised and emulsifying process blocks up your arteries and even reacts of the body’s own fat. Natural butter is good for you, it has been around for thousands of years.
                Butter is reputedly bad for you, e.g.

Butter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  Butter is reputedly bad for you, e.g.

Butter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                  in recent years, it has been shown that the trans fats contained in partially hydrogenated oils used in typical margarines are worse than the saturated fats in the butter they were replacing.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    That include Flora (which has plant steroids or something, another area of contention, but hey)?

Comment

Working...
                    X