• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thank you Peter Oborne

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Peter Oborne

– Telegraph Blogs

To all you leftie liberals who think that supporting the state and labour policies makes you somehow virtuous (just hypocrites), and for all you cowards too embarrassed to admit to being idealistically aligned with the Tories, then this should make you feel better about being wealthy hard working, responsible, apolitical contractors.

The reason I despise the Euro is that it is a totem to the ineptitude of the left who have so dominated Europe for the past 15 years. The great thing about downturns is that it shows that nation states cannot afford to indulge left wing policies.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

A lot to agree with but rather one sided; the right shouldn't get off either, seeing as supposedly right wing governments all over Europe have failed to properly tackle the pensions issue that's now starting to bite, perhaps because many of their voters are over 50 and close to the current pension age.

If you're going to criticise the welfare state, which I think is right, then let's look at all the government's spending and not just the bits that political opponents like to spend money on.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      A lot to agree with but rather one sided; the right shouldn't get off either, seeing as supposedly right wing governments all over Europe have failed to properly tackle the pensions issue that's now starting to bite, perhaps because many of their voters are over 50 and close to the current pension age.

If you're going to criticise the welfare state, which I think is right, then let's look at all the government's spending and not just the bits that political opponents like to spend money on.
      I think he is saying that the left has been thoroughly discredited not that the "right" have got it right. If you see what I mean
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        I think he is saying that the left has been thoroughly discredited not that the "right" have got it right. If you see what I mean
        see what you mean, fair enough

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          The sad thing is that every generation has to learn this all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            The sad thing is that every generation has to learn this all over again.
            Extend that to contracting and IT and that should read, every new project team.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Extend that to contracting and IT and that should read, every new project team.
              Ah, but that's a good thing; kerching!

Comment

Working...
              X